+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 2 year old gets a bit funny when the usual educators aren't there, she likes to see a familiar face at drop off. Agree with talking to them to find out if there's been any staff changes/holidays in the room lately.
    Also when DD was really bad at drop offs I'd try to call about half an hour later to see if she'd settled down. Every time they said she was fine 5 min after I'd left.
    We had a few weeks of tears at drop off when she transitioned from the baby room to the toddler room also, if your DS has recently moved rooms it could be the cause? @Unschooling4 your comments are not helpful, 2 year olds cry hysterically for lots of reasons, doesn't mean their being abused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just saw the original OP was a few months ago, how did you go with drop off? Hope it's improved

My oldest went through the same thing. Loved it then all of a sudden started getting hysterical. I think it's a normal step at that age, they seem to get really clingy again and more aware of what's going on around them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Unschooling4 View Post
    Maybe he's being abused there. Look into it. If my kids were crying hysterically in daycare (though i would never put mine in to begin with) I wouldn't hesitate to take them out. And yes I do realise not everyone has a choice.
    Wow.

OP, both my kids have been through phases where they have cried during drop off and then the following week they are fine. Both love daycare and have a fun time.

I agree with PP maybe wait outside and see how long it actually lasts. I always try and get them interested in a game or morning tea or something or hand them over to their favourite carer and seem to be fine very soon

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    This is an old thread. Hopefully your ds has improved now op.

It sounds like it was seperation anxiety. My ds has only cried once at drop off - turned out he was teething!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know kids cry I have 4!
    And I do not give a shiz what you think about my comment. I've worked in daycare for years before I had my kids and the things I've witnessed you wouldn't believe. You would think twice about having kids attend. Yes there are some lovely daycare workers but a lot aren't. Hence why I do not send my kids.
    And if you need to work then think of other ways to save money. I home school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hope you reported the things you witnessed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suddenly crying at daycare drop off

And I do not give a shiz what you think about my comment. I've worked in daycare for years before I had my kids and the things I've witnessed you wouldn't believe. You would think twice about having kids attend. Yes there are some lovely daycare workers but a lot aren't. Hence why I do not send my kids.
    What @Mamasupial said. Did u report what you saw?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on making every one of us who have to send our precious children to childcare even worse than we already do. Because we don't heap enough guilt on ourselves it's just great that you can infer that our kids are being abused at childcare. I don't think your comments are at all helpful, but they are offensive, ignorant and dismissive.
    FWIW I am very confident that my DD is well cared for at her centre. The carers have amazing warmth, patience and dedication and I trust them with my daughter. And funnily enough several people who work there actually have their kids in the centre (in different buildings) so clearly they don't have an issue with the quality of care
    Sorry op this is derailing your original question which for some reason has been rehashed from some time ago.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (07-09-2016),atomicmama  (08-09-2016),BettyV  (08-09-2016),harvs  (07-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (07-09-2016),MsViking  (08-09-2016),Radio  (08-09-2016),smallpotatoes  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people like working (I do)
    Some people know homeschooling wouldn't work for them... I'd hate to home school and I'd be useless at it. My child gets a great free education at the local primary school... all while I work

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2016),gingermillie  (07-09-2016),HollyGolightly81  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Congratulations on making every one of us who have to send our precious children to childcare even worse than we already do. Because we don't heap enough guilt on ourselves it's just great that you can infer that our kids are being abused at childcare. I don't think your comments are at all helpful, but they are offensive, ignorant and dismissive.
    FWIW I am very confident that my DD is well cared for at her centre. The carers have amazing warmth, patience and dedication and I trust them with my daughter. And funnily enough several people who work there actually have their kids in the centre (in different buildings) so clearly they don't have an issue with the quality of care
    Sorry op this is derailing your original question which for some reason has been rehashed from some time ago.
    Never feel bad about sending your kids to daycare. You do what you have to do (or want to do) for your family

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-09-2016)