+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have never had that strong, overwhelming urge to be a mother. I knew it was something I wanted to do though. My DH and I were solid and had been together a long time, so it just felt like it was the natural next step to start a family.

I am grateful that I was able to choose to have a child when I was ready. That wasn't until I turned 30.

I stopped at one child for a myriad of reasons, but deep down I really just don't have that strong urge to have another baby. I would actually seriously consider adopting a daughter if it wasn't such a difficult process. It's mostly pregnancy that I just don't want to chance again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me I always just thought I would have kids. "It's what you do" all part of being an adult.

I always thought I would love being a mum and a SAHM but I surprisingly dont enjoy it.
    After dd was born dh was keen to have another but I just wanted the one then when she was 2 I wanted to give her a sibling not so much because I wanted another child, then I had a mc and told I would probably never naturally concieve again.
    Being told no more kids made me want another one.
    We now have 2 beautiful kids. Part of me would like a third but I can not go through the toddler stage again. I want to start enjoying time with my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always wanted to have kids. Even as a child, it was the only thing that I consistently knew I wanted to do as an adult. I loved being around young children, and somewhere in my teenage naivety I also looked at parenting as something that I could be really good at compared to other people

I spent the ages of about 12-21 really longing to have a baby. We then had out first when I was 22, our second when I was 25 and now we're done.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why did you want to become a mother/parent

I always wanted to be a mum. Instinct I guess. But I wasn't driven about it when I was young. DH and I met when we were 21 and were married at 23. DH was keen for kids straight away but I wasn't. We worked, bought a house, travelled, wasted money on nice dinners and alcohol with friends etc etc. We have no regrets about any of it. When I was about 27 the strong urge kicked in and after that a baby was all I could think about. I had DS 2 days before my 29th birthday and DD when I was 31.

My kids are 9 and nearly 7 now. I love the age they are at. Sometimes I wish we'd had a third but my physical and mental health just wasn't up for it at the time. We are blessed.

Eta: I also wanted to make humans with DH. Because he's the best human I know.
    Last edited by teenie; 02-05-2016 at 16:33.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-05-2016),babyno1onboard  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't care for children until I was about 25 and then it was all just totally biological drive. Baby crazy! And it hasn't stopped since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've always wanted to have a big house with my beautiful husband and has his beautiful children haha. It's always been my dream. I've kept a baby names list since I was about 15yo. I especially wanted to have kids young: that was very important to me. I often thought about how I would bring up my children, what sorts of things I would do to turn them into "good" people etc.
    I met DH at 17 and very quickly I knew he was the one. We were living together by 18, joint finances, all that. Married at 22, then about 6 months after wedding he was ready for kids. That was when we found our fertility issues. I struggled a lot with that: feeling my clock ticking even though I'm still so young. I was so adamant I wanted to have my first by 25 and be done by 30. Well we conceived by 25 if that counts. I'm 26 now and he will be here in a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I want to add to mine and say that another reason that I had kids, and I think it's a valid one, is that I want to have family of my own around when I'm an old lady. I would love it if my kids have their own so that I can have grandkids to love. That's really important to me.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-05-2016),babyno1onboard  (02-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (02-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I want to add to mine and say that another reason that I had kids, and I think it's a valid one, is that I want to have family of my own around when I'm an old lady. I would love it if my kids have their own so that I can have grandkids to love. That's really important to me.
    This is also another reason for me. I love the thought of a big loud family. Especially when I am older.

I talk to my mum every couple of days and we went shopping and voffee together all the time. I hope I have that relationship with my kids

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (02-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Never. I still don't... but I do love my chubba.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (03-05-2016),MrsTugs  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    This is also another reason for me. I love the thought of a big loud family. Especially when I am older.

I talk to my mum every couple of days and we went shopping and voffee together all the time. I hope I have that relationship with my kids
    That's one of mine also. My deciding factor to try for the one we are trying for now (lucky #5) was envisioning massive Christmas dinners and birthdays. Having my kids visit each other on the weekends to build sheds and work on cars etc.
    I'm an only child, and I'm estranged from my own family so I just imagine that my parents have very lonely Christmases. (They can't hold onto friends either).