+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    As a kid if anyone asked what I wanted to be when i grew up it was always a 'mum of 6 kids'. I never wanted to be anything else really. I did some jobs as a stop gap til I could have my family. I blessed to find a man who shared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had always dreamed of raising an army of minions in my image, to do my evil bidding and take over the world. Mwahaha!

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-05-2016),CakeyMumma  (02-05-2016),delirium  (02-05-2016),HillDweller  (02-05-2016),preggasaurus  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (02-05-2016),witherwings  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never wanted kids. After 8 years of marriage and hitting my early 30's then I started to reconsider and DH and I started discussing the idea of kids again. We couldn't decide what we wanted as we were perfectly happy as just the two of us. We decided in the end not to decide and said I'll just come off the pill and if it was meant to be then it will happen and if not then it wouldn't and either result would be ok. I fell pregnant immediately.
    I never really made the decision that I wanted to be a parent as we kind of left it in the hands of fate but I'm so happy that we did. I have a perfect son who I love so dearly and all I want now is to give him a little brother or sister and complete my perfect family.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fauvette For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't. Actually, when I was in my early 20's, I was so adamant that I didn't want children, I wanted to get my tubes tied. Then something happened when I turned 28, all of a sudden I was so clucky and obsessed with having a baby! I had dd1 when I was 29, and dd2 2 years later. I couldn't imagine my life without them, but I really really wish I had've chosen a different father for them.

Unfortunately, once my biological clock decided it wanted a baby so desperately, my rational brain couldn't think straight. I love my girls so much, but I'm so sorry about choosing their father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just knew that I was going to have kids some day. Was only a question of when, not if. However, when I thought of my own 'future' children, before I had them, it was more about older children and raising them to be adults. I don't particularly thrive during the baby and toddler stages. I enjoy it more the older and more independent they get. Not sure if that even makes sense.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (02-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I just knew that I was going to have kids some day. Was only a question of when, not if. However, when I thought of my own 'future' children, before I had them, it was more about older children and raising them to be adults. I don't particularly thrive during the baby and toddler stages. I enjoy it more the older and more independent they get. Not sure if that even makes sense.
    Thank you so much for this post. This is me! I've been pondering my response to this question as I ask myself on a daily basis as I struggle to enjoy my 4 and 1 year old, why did I want to be a mum, if this is what it's really like.

I guess it was the next step too. Like TC and BRV I had done sooooo much in my life prior to getting married, it was just the next logical step. The thing to do. DH always said he would propose when he was ready for kids, so I knew he was ready and I suppose I was too because it was the next thing to do.

I guess I wanted to create memories like I had as a child and now we can do that. I do just hope that I will enjoy the post toddler days or I've got a very looooong 17+ years ahead of me.

I don't regret having my kids at all, I just try and think of my life without kids and I know it would be empty and boring and not very fulfilling.

Oh and I love my own kids (obviously) but I don't really generally like kids and never have (as a kid I preferred to be around adults and as I got older I found I had a dislike for children in general. My kids snot and poo and abnoxious behaviour is bearable in them, but in others I just think eewwww go away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always knew i'd have kids, I knew my heart wouldn't have been full and my family not complete without them. I also knew that I didn't want them young. I wanted to establish a career first and continue it when the kids were a bit older. I had my first at 29 and my second at 35 and I'm done now. Mission accomplished with my fam complete !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why did you want to become a mother/parent

I just always knew...I wanted kids and I wanted to be a young mum, it was a really strong desire from an early age. I initially wanted four and to finish my family before 30. Luckily for me DH and I met when I was 18, and he had a similar mindset. We got married at 22 and had our first at 25. I am now pregnant with my second who is due a few months before my 30th. Given my health and fertility issues we won't be having anymore and that is perfectly fine with me and DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't say I particularly felt driven to have children, my husband though was very keen and we discussed the possibility before we got married and whilst I wasn't ready I did know someday I would be.

As it turns out he was ready long before me. My career was just taking off and I was enjoying being a wife and working but seeing how important it was to him I agreed to try. It took us 2 years to conceive our first and as each month passed I became more disappointed so I guess I came to realise I was ready too.

We now have four (7,5,3 & 6 months) and have been married for 15 years and he still says 'just one more?' But I know I am completely 100% done (I am 37), I love the little people they grow into but the baby stage is very hard and I am ready to move on from that stage.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't want to have kids. I had known fertility issues so was content to let it go. Then a very unplanned pregnancy at 21 made me a mum. As soon as I held DS1 I loved him BUT I didn't want more.

I then met DH at 34 and he wanted kids. I came around to having another eventually but it took 4 years of IVF to make it happen with DS2 at 39. Now another unplanned pregnancy at 43 (😳 OMG seriously unplanned a second time!).

I love my boys VERY much but I do wonder how I have ended up with soon to be 3 children when I didn't want any at all lol