+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Such an interesting question that I have never thought about! I guess I never questioned whether I would have kids, it was just something I planned for my future. I met hubby when I was 16 and he had the same expectations for his life so I never questioned it.

I have always loved the idea of having a child who's #1 I am - when they're upset, they want me, when they see me, they're happy, maybe that desire to be wanted played a part in me wanting to be a mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Why did you want to become a mother/parent

When I was in my early to mid twenties, I hadn't really decided if I wanted kids. I am/was a teacher so it's not that I didn't like kids, I just didn't know if I wanted my own.

I didn't have kids that late (fell pregnant at 30 and had my first at 31) but I felt I had accomplished everything else. It just seemed the logical next step.

I finished school and got my degree. I worked in an aboriginal community, then went to London and was teaching there for 4 years and travelling everywhere. I came home and met my now husband. We moved in together, then bought a house. By this stage we decided we wanted kids and fell pregnant. It just felt like the next step in my life. Like I was ready to settle down and become a mum. Then we got married
    Last edited by BigRedV; 01-05-2016 at 22:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That is a great question, I recall as I was growing up that I was always around babies, I enjoyed playing with them, changing them, feeding them (bottle milk) going into my teens I wanted a big family, mid teens I was told by Drs that I was infertile and I was offered a hysterectomy, I had PCOS and they said I had a lot of cysts and bla bla. My world was actually shattered. And it ended there. I met my now husband (whose a lot older) and told him my problem. He accepted that. But he believed that we would have kids......and good news we conceived naturally with no help, we have 2 children together and my world is complete. So I guess to totally answer the question is, even though I was told I was Infertile I still had very little hope and it paid off. I'm a person who has proved Drs wrong a few times over.

Motherhood is a beautiful thing and I truly enjoy it.

Thanks for starting the thread.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-05-2016),Joeee  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to reply later

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. I love children
    2. I wanted someone to love and to love me.
    3. I wanted to be the mum I had before she died (when I was 8).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Homeschooling4 For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always wanted to be a mum. I was very maternal very early on. Couldn't wait to grow up and be a mum. When thinking about my dream career and life, there was always children in it. I wanted 6 growing up. I can't explain it, I just wanted my life to be filled with children.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always loved kids and was good with kids and enjoyed being around them. I also craved a close family and a mother/child bond that I missed out on after my own mum died when I was young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just always did. I've always wanted to have a big crazy, busy family with lots of kids and grandkids. When I met my DP we were both at the same point in our lives where we really wanted to start a family. After we got engaged we discovered that DP was almost completely infertile, so we spent our wedding money on IVF. I had to come to terms with the fact that being with DP might mean I could never have children, that was very hard. It's not till you have to contemplate never being a parent, that you realise how much you want it.

We're extremely lucky to be expecting our second and being a parent completes us both. Being a mum has been the best thing I ever did. If we weren't infertile i could see us with 5 kids.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

but I felt I had accomplished everything else. It just seemed the logical next step.
    yes definitely this for me too.

I'd done everything else I'd set out to do/needed to prove to myself I could do, and this was the next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure exactly, most likely a biological urge and something I have just always thought I would do. I can not imagine a life without a husband and children, it would be very lonely (for me). I was never one who dreamt about it or had a burning desire but once I got engaged then married I wanted to create a family with my husband. First baby happened before I was ready or trying though! My desire to have children and be a mother is stronger now that I have 2 kids than it ever was before, I found the freedom of a no kids life hard to give up initially.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (02-05-2016)