+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why did you want to become a mother/parent

Thought it would be an interesting chat....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the biological instinct kicked in and here I am.

I wasn't ever someone who adored kids or dreamed of having them or anything. but it was definitely something I wanted to do and once I met dh and we got married, I knew I definitely wanted children.

I knew I was ready once I started to feel envy when others started announcing pregnancies. that twinge where I'd think when is it my turn. before then, I had zero urge.

now here I am 9 weeks in and I want another one! 😂

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (01-05-2016),VicPark  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me- A simply biological urge to have children. There was no umming or arrhing about having kids- simply the logistics- who with, the when and how many

I also believe the meaning of life is to produce and evolve. That life is bigger and more important than just me.
    I'm not saying you can't be happy without kids- but TO ME they give my life meaning and purpose and worth.
    They were always the goal and plans for my future.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Fauvette  (02-05-2016),Reneeharry  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was a deep seated urge that increased significantly after I met DH.

I wanted babies yes.... but I also wanted his babies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had only ever dreamed of being a wife and a Mum. The older I got the stronger the desire for both grew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always a little indifferent about having kids. When I met DF and started spending time with his kids I realised why people had kids and wanted one of my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting question. For me I was kind of almost ambivalent about it but I'm not sure if that was just a protective thing as I have fertility issues. I never believed I would actually have a child. I never yearned to be a mother I could have taken it or left it and taken my life in a different direction and been happy either way. My DH never wanted kids until we got together 6 years ago. He actually tried to get a vasectomy when he was 30 😁 (41 now).
    So what I'm trying to say is we were never 'kid people'.
    Anyway we felt we would regret not trying rather than regret having a child and once you regret not having one it's often too late. So off we went, 2 years of fertility treatment and getting towards the end of that journey and we now have our 10 month old DD who we adore and love to bits. We won't have another one though, one is enough for us.
    I guess fundamentally there was that pang of wanting to create a family, create a new life out of the love between us and add a new dimension to our life together.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was in my 20's I knew one day I wanted to be a mum - a fun one at that. At around 25 I starts to get a little bit clucky and at 26 I became pregnant.
    I always thought what would l do with my life if I didn't have kids? I'd be bored and I'm not career driven. I wanted to feel that love and have a family who laughed, fought and cried together....
    Dh and l wanted to have our child and do it our way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Why did you want to become a mother/parent

I never had dreams of becoming a mum, never wondered about it and to be honest after watching all my friends have kids even turned me off as I felt I was too selfish to have kids, I was always the fun aunty but was never maternal , even when I got married it was the furthest thing from my mind , one of the reasons I got divorced was ex DH wanted me to quit my career and have kids but then I met DH and I suddenly had cravings to have a baby and want a family and at 39 I was very lucky to conceive straight away, most of my family and friends assumed I wouldn't have any children and were even more shocked when I ditched my career and became a SAHM for nearly 4 years! It's by far the best thing I ever did and I only regret I didn't start earlier so I could have had more

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Angels4me  (02-05-2016),babyno1onboard  (01-05-2016),Reneeharry  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just really wanted to experience the whole process of pregnancy, birth, and raising a little human. I think it's an amazing thing to create a person and watch them grow. It has completely changed my life and given me so much more than I expected. When we struggled to fall pregnant the desire became much stronger. The prospect of not being able to have children made me realize how devastating that would be for me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Fi Poledancer  (05-05-2016)