+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    I breastfed throughout 2 pregnancies, it's possible, but it can be hard, I suffered from breastfeeding aversion, and those feelings were not nice

I'm going to say it, and please don't be offended. But if a baby is not something that you want right now, it is absolutely, without a doubt, completely fine to talk to someone about your options. It doesn't make you a bad person, it doesn't make you a bad mother, it makes you a completely normal human being who is faced with something that wasn't in her immediate plans.

Please, you don't have to make ANY decisions right now, not at all, you are free to explore your options with a medical professional, talk them over with your husband, but ultimately, this is your decision and no matter what that decision is, you need to be at peace with it.

Sending you all the love in the world as you navigate this journey
    Maybe if you talked about your options it might make you feel a little less trapped and like it was a your decision?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt the same with my 3rd pregnancy. It took me a while to accept it as I wasn't ready for another. He is 3 years old now and I got used to it and am happy to have him, although it took a while. Congratulations I hope you get used to it soon. Good luck with it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

EnPointe  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I felt the same with my 3rd pregnancy. It took me a while to accept it as I wasn't ready for another. He is 3 years old now and I got used to it and am happy to have him, although it took a while. Congratulations I hope you get used to it soon. Good luck with it!

Thank you for your honesty. ❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Lillynix & @Wise Enough

No judgement to anyone who decides to go down that road but termination is not an option for DH and I. We have been together since we were 18 (16 years) and have always said that. I think the biggest thing we are struggling with at the moment is the timing. Baby #2 is only 7 months and we both feel like this is unfair to him. We planned a long gap (4 years) between #1 and #2, and that was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... I did not know the test line does that if you are further along!

Hope your travelling ok op. In regards to it not being the age gap you wanted, while it may be difficult for you juggling 2 babies just imagine the wonderful bond they'll have. My sister and I are 15mths apart and we are extremely close. She's my best friend, we live very close to one another and spend lots of time together.... just trying to look on the bright side of things for you ☺

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

EnPointe  (06-05-2016),Wise Enough  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I found out I was pregnant when my first child was 8 months. It was a SHOCK. I was breastfeeding and my cycles had not returned at all. I wanted another child but not then. I was not ready and my DH was NOT ready. It was a very difficult time. My DH and I basically went into shock and shutdown from each other. It was a very lonely pregnancy. I just pushed the negative feelings aside and hoped it would get better when baby was born, after all I had loved the early days with my first. I'm sorry to say that's not what happened. My marriage struggled. My mental health struggled. It was rough. My bub has just turned one and after a lot of talking (and crying) with my husband I think the dark cloud might be starting to shift. I have a lot of guilt. Both my children are loved and wanted but my second unplanned pregnancy made me feel like my body and my life was suddenly out of my control. My youngest babe has not had the start to life that I wished for. Her mum has been sad and mad for almost all of her life so far. This is all very hard for me to write as it is still very raw for me but I am writing it because I recognize myself in some of your posts. If I could redo the past 18 months I would have talked more to my husband. Connected with him. I would have gone to counseling in pregnancy to help resolve some of my feelings. I would hire a doula to help support and nurture me during pregnancy and the postnatal days. I continued breastfeeding and tandem feed. I have been physically exhausted. I needed to put more on place to support, nurture and care for myself.
    Anyway I must run because it's bathtime at my house. Good luck and pm me if you need. Xxx

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

brodiesmummy2011  (11-05-2016),EnPointe  (13-05-2016),KitiK  (07-05-2016),MrsMummaButterfly  (06-05-2016),Summer  (06-05-2016),VicPark  (06-05-2016),Wise Enough  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going with it all @EnPointe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

EnPointe  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RedCreamingSoda thank you so much for your post. I too hate feeling out of control. I have contemplated counseling, I'm going to speak with my MHN in a couple of weeks.

I have my dating scan on Tuesday. I'm nervous as to how I'm going to feel/react. I hope I feel a sense of joy or have a "my baby" moment. Only time will tell.

I hope the Dec/Jan DIG will be OK with me joining. I think I will need that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnPointe View Post
    @RedCreamingSoda thank you so much for your post. I too hate feeling out of control. I have contemplated counseling, I'm going to speak with my MHN in a couple of weeks.

I have my dating scan on Tuesday. I'm nervous as to how I'm going to feel/react. I hope I feel a sense of joy or have a "my baby" moment. Only time will tell.

I'm in the jan DIG. Feel free to join us!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

EnPointe  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnPointe View Post

Hi @EnPointe
    I'm in the Dec DIG :-)
    Look forward to seeing if you're a Dec or Jan On Tuesday!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

EnPointe  (13-05-2016)