+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to love the bacon and cheese shapes. i rarely eat them (2-3 times a year) ...and they are absolutely revolting!
    I think i threw them out. i couldn't eat them. they were flavourless. if i wanted something plain, id grab a salada, savoy, jatz, or water cracker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was part of the market research for this. I got the cheddar cheese flavored group. the sample of the new flavour (I thought) tasted like dirty feet lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I was part of the market research for this. I got the cheddar cheese flavored group. the sample of the new flavour (I thought) tasted like dirty feet lol.
    I guess then if they still changed them, it would have been based on the sample they had. Clearly their sample size and demographic wasn't representative of actual buyers of the product!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dave Hughes' 6yo son wrote a letter to Arnotts to complain about their pizza shapes. They got him to talk to one of the Arnotts customer service people on air about it, it's pretty funny. Worth downloading the podcast if you can.

Just leaving the AFL game at the 'Gabba today and Arnotts were giving away free boxes of all the new shapes. I wonder if they're trying to move stock because of all the negative publicity they've been receiving about them. We didn't get a box, but people had dumped half eaten boxes all the way up the street. Speaks volumes. People won't even eat them when they're free...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Dave Hughes' 6yo son wrote a letter to Arnotts to complain about their pizza shapes. They got him to talk to one of the Arnotts customer service people on air about it, it's pretty funny. Worth downloading the podcast if you can.

Just leaving the AFL game at the 'Gabba today and Arnotts were giving away free boxes of all the new shapes. I wonder if they're trying to move stock because of all the negative publicity they've been receiving about them. We didn't get a box, but people had dumped half eaten boxes all the way up the street. Speaks volumes. People won't even eat them when they're free...
    Sounds like they need to ditch their Market research agency!

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Make the thermy shapes, ladies!! They taste exactly like pizza shapes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Barbecue shape are totally ruined!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Arnotts Shapes. What have they done?!?

I would hazard a guess that they have changed the recipe ( as have most large food companies ) from wheat to corn based flour or maize as it's cheaper so would cost them less to manufacture

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG don't get me started about the 'new and improved' pizza shapes. They are hideous :-(
    There's a few articles on mammamia about people bulk buying and hoarding all the old stock lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is a lot of public outrage regarding this.

I think their logic was to change the recipe because the loose flavour bits weren't sticking to the biscuits. They tried to 'bake in' the flavour instead.

The only Shape I eat occasionally is the chicken crimpy, which we have in the office sometimes. Not sure if they've changed that recipe?

I prefer the Aldi version of shapes actually.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

DT75  (02-05-2016)