+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Arnotts Shapes. What have they done?!?

Ok so my sneaky confession is I'm addicted to arnotts pizza shapes. I have been for about 20 years. I don't really eat any other biscuits but when there are a packet of these in the pantry they don't last very long

So I bought a packet this week and opened them today. And they are revolting. Really crispy and the taste is completely different.

Arnotts! What have you done!?!! Yes they're unhealthy and bad for you but if I want to eat healthy food I will eat healthy food. They are a treat that I enjoy very occasionally and now I feel that's been taken away from me.

I'm not yet game to open the box of chicken crimpy 😱.

Does this ---- anyone else to tears when companies mess with tried and true formulas to either (a) improve them (which they never do) and (b) make them "healthy" which lets face it they still aren't).
    Last edited by Sonja; 01-05-2016 at 16:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hamish and Andy were discussing this the other day, they had people calling in to their radio station about it, so you're clearly not alone!!!

I believe the conclusion was arnotts are going to be releasing "original" BBQ shapes as well as this "new and improved" variety..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Hamish and Andy were discussing this the other day, they had people calling in to their radio station about it, so you're clearly not alone!!!

I believe the conclusion was arnotts are going to be releasing "original" BBQ shapes as well as this "new and improved" variety..
    Thank god for that. They are truly hideous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I saw on the boxes for a few months they said new and improved versions coming soon. All I could think was noooooooooo! BBQ shapes have been the same for the last 30+ years - DON'T mess with them!

Whilst I don't usually get Pizza shapes I saw the new packaging with the new photo on it and just knew they would be horrible as the favour was all gritty looking and not with the chunky cheese bits anymore.

I'm too scared to try the BBQ and savoury shapes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Oh and Kraft did it to the easy mac and cheese. The new versions were truly hideous!

Sales must have plummeted as they went back to the old formula and advertised in the packs 'the old Mac and cheese is back'.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I actually really like the new BBQ flavour but I can take or leave shapes. My mum would be so disappointed in me if she were here to know I liked them! Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    I actually really like the new BBQ flavour but I can take or leave shapes. My mum would be so disappointed in me if she were here to know I liked them! Haha.
    I know they are a secret shame. They are soooooo loaded with fat and also they use palm oil (or used to anyway) which is just icky.

But when I was a young lawyer starting out they were often dinner on a late night. They hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a BBQ shapes fan but chicken crimpies I love! Please, please report back and tell me if they've ruined those too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I too have Secret Shapes Shame and cannot believe arnotts would try to "improve" them.
    They weren't BROKEN, arnotts!!!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-05-2016),BettyV  (01-05-2016),DT75  (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I'm not a BBQ shapes fan but chicken crimpies I love! Please, please report back and tell me if they've ruined those too!
    I just looked at the box and it's an old box so I'm safe for now.