+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for everyone's insight and personal experiences, appreciate it.

for those who fell preg whilst BF, how do you know you're ovulating? or is it just guess work? I'm BF ds and my period has not yet returned. if we wanted to start trying when ds is around 6 months and my period still hadn't come back, how do you know you're ovulating? and if you're not, what do you do to ovulate if you still want to BF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I think that last sentence resonates with me too. like just the idea of getting through this all-consuming baby phase, only to then mentally get into the childcare/going back to work headspace, then to have to get back into the pregnancy/newborn space again. i feel like I've adapted to this baby pace of life, it's mundane and largely unexciting, but I don't especially want to go back to the work headspace then have to get back into the swing of things again for baby #2 again. in many ways, it's easier to just stay in this phase of life and finish having babies then go back to work.
    Sounds like you should go for it then

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definitely will not be having a close age gap. It doesn't attract me at all and I see a lot of mums throughout my working life struggle with close age gaps. I want to enjoy my children so enjoy having a baby and then when she's 3/4 have another baby I think I'll enjoy that age gap better. My brother is 4 years older than me and were pretty close we hardly fought and he looked after me.
    I need a long time to heal from my crap pregnancy anyway.
    I also have age on my side I guess I'm 27 so if I'm done before 32 I'll be ok.

Not saying that you'll struggle or don't have them close. apparently you'll know when the time is right

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (01-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really just if you get your period back then your ovulating, but you will have ovulated 2 weeks before your period so it's possible to not get AF before falling pregnant.

For us, after DS1 AF returned at 7 months - fell pregnant when he was 11 months. After DS2 it returned about 4 months I think and fell pregnant when he was 7 months. With DS1 we tried from when AF returned, after DS2 we didn't try until he was 6 months and fell straight away.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks for everyone's insight and personal experiences, appreciate it.

for those who fell preg whilst BF, how do you know you're ovulating? or is it just guess work? I'm BF ds and my period has not yet returned. if we wanted to start trying when ds is around 6 months and my period still hadn't come back, how do you know you're ovulating? and if you're not, what do you do to ovulate if you still want to BF?
    We didn't know. Just had s3X then discovered I was getting fat. Whoopsie. 11wks along according to US.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It took us nearly 6 years to have a 2nd. We tried that whole time. We would have loved a just over a year gap.

We fall with no1 on our honeymoon.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 01-05-2016 at 20:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had two under two and would choose the close age gap every time. Definitely my preference...baby years aside. They share similar interests and are capable of doing the same activities eg. It's easy to pick a movie for everyone to enjoy in school holidays, bed times are similar, they can ride similar distances on a pushbike etc...I know that some people find the baby years challenging...but there are advantages when you get past that.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Furmumma  (01-05-2016),littleriv  (01-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love reading about people's experiences on this topic! I have a 10 month old DD and really want to try for no 2 soon. I'm about to turn 39 and have known fertility issues so don't want to muck around.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    for those with a small age gap between first and second bub...did you feel guilty towards your eldest at all? Iike for not spending more time just enjoying them?

I think this potentially holds me back. I want to savour every second with ds1, once another is here we will never get that time back where it's just us 3. I should enjoy being able to spend time with ds without my attention being diverted with another child. I feel almost bad by being excited at the prospect of another bub, like maybe ds one isn't enough or I'm being ungrateful or greedy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can still get plenty of 1on1 time but they also get wonderful time with siblings too. I felt guilty at first but now I am so glad that they have each other

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (02-05-2016)