+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Assuming you didn't pull the test apart while it was still wet (that can cause evaps) that looks pos to me.

I would insist on a quantitative HCG blood test as the positive/negative blood test considers something like <20 negative (not sure on exact number).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stretched

Yes, you have assumed correct. I didn't pull the test apart until today, this afternoon when I went to take a picture of it and couldn't get a clearer enough image without doing so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling so helpless and so utterly confused - Am I pregnant? HELP!

I would be accepting that you are probably not pregnant if hpts are not getting darker but I would be seriously looking into why you ate returning positive tests and getting an ovarian scan done ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilypily: Thanks for your response. I realize the next logical step is to seek alternative explanations however I've had all those kinds of scans done just under six months ago and was fine

My bleeding has stopped but my pregnancy symptoms have not. If anything they are getting worse. I am getting increasingly nauseous, threw up last night and this morning And it's starting to get very uncomfortable to wear my bras...

I haven't done anymore tests, mainly because I haven't had the money. I managed to muster up some though and go out this afternoon and buy a 3 pack of First Response and a digital version of First Response HPT. I am waiting, until the morning though to use first morning urine.

Butterfly Miracles

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go with testing this morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    wishingnhoping: Hey Thanks for asking

Confusing and conflicting results...again *sigh* I really am getting sick of this!

First things first, I couldn't help myself last night and did 2 of the FR HPT's. One came up completely negative and the other, a very faint positive again but fainter than the others and it took awhile (past the 10 minute period) to show up anyway so I just threw them both out and disregarded them, figuring I'd wait until the morning to use FMU and when my urine won't be so diluted.

I opted to do the digital FR HPT first. BFN! And that was with FMU. I just cried after that, because my symptoms feel even worse today and I'm starting to believe this really IS all in my head

Here comes the strange part ladies...an hour later I thought well, I still have one test left, I should just use it anyway, what's the harm right?

Well, like my other non-digital FR HPT's, a faint, faint, faint line appeared! The interesting part that has got me though was this 'line' appeared within 30 seconds of the urine spreading across the test window, even before the control line had a chance to show itself! So, I doubt very much it can be an evaporation line right? To add to that, the line got slightly more color to it by the 3 minute mark but has stayed pretty much the same from then onward.

I am at a loss truly and I don't know what to think!

I have frantically made a doctor's appointment with a third GP for an hour and half's time and my Dad is going to pick me up and take me, as it was hard to get into anyone close by so it's a bit of a trek. I really, desperately hope she has some answers!

Butterfly Miracles

Thanks
    Reviews
    ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!

Note:
    What am about to say, I expect people who read this to probably judge me here but whatever, I have to get this off my chest right now, somehow. If you're going to judge, fine but please refrain from posting for the sake of my sanity!

I am a smoker (20+ cigarettes a day). I know all too well that smoking is really bad for my health and if I am in fact pregnant. It's also a disgusting habit/addiction I wish I never picked up four years ago. Therefore in the best interests of my own health and if I am carrying a little one I am trying my best, with the help of my partner to stop. But he is frustrating me by being lovely about it one minute and a complete ******* the next!

We have set up a deal. He's hidden my smokes from me and is providing me with only five a day, spaced out over the course of the day. He gives me 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 1 at night. It's incredibly difficult not having control and also the withdrawals are not helping my anxiety over whether or not I am pregnant but he's attitude is making it even worse ffs!

He agreed to give me at least 1 before bed, for the morning as I generally tend to get up a couple of hours before him. Well, he keeps freaking forgetting, then won't get up, even though it's a perfectly reasonable time and he's alarm as sounded to get it for me. In the meantime I'm going nuts and getting more and more irritable! I ended up screaming at him this morning so he bounced out of bed, got 2 cigarettes and then not only berated me for smoking generally but threw them at me! I screamed at him more and he went off in a huff, grumbling that he's now 'wide awake'...well as far as I'm concerned, get over it!

After I had calmed down, had one smoke outside, I went back inside where he's sitting at the kitchen table, acting all hostile. I went up to him, nicely and said he's name. He ignores me. Completely. I try and stay calm. I say his name again to gain he's attention, he looks up from his textbook and yells at me to leave him alone So, I just stood there and nice and calm told him, I was sorry but that this is really difficult and he's not the only one going through a hard time. Would you like me to make you a coffee to have while you read to make up for going bananas at you? He replies very sternly that he's not interested, doesn't care and gives me the most dirtiest look. So, I just walked out of the kitchen in tears.

Unless you are or have been a smoker, I realize it's impossible to understand but he's not even trying. It's just all about him and how stressed he is.

To top it off, he's just stormed into the bedroom, while I am writing this, grumbling to himself that he will miss some appointment he had now because he 'got up too late'.

Sorry for the long rant...I just needed to get this out

Butterfly Miracles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So everything came back negative but one first response which was mega faint and fainter than all the others? I think it's a BFN. What did GP say?