+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Daycare clothes..

So not a major issue but wondering what others would do.. I'm the only one who uses cloth nappies at our center so everything in a little plastic bag seems to get sent home with me. At least once a week it's someone else's soiled clothes.
    He only goes two days a week.

Do I wash and send back next week or just hold onto the bag and send it back. So far if they're bad I'll throw in with the nappies, wash and send back. But if they're just dusty/dirty I'll send back the bag.. I'm not the most organized morning mum so I forget more often than not.

Wwyd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd ask the centre if they could write the child's name on the outside of the plastic bag so they stop sending them to the wrong house preferably.

The one time this happened to me, I washed and returned it. But I think I'd just take them back in the bag if it happened a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not your responsibility to wash the other children's clothing and the centre i have used on the past and will be using again ask the parents to have names written on clothing or iron on names tags in all clothing garments. If it where me and it kept happening I would just throw them in the bin

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not cool. I've been sending cloth to daycare for 18 months & the only thing I've ever got sent home wrong was a pair of socks!
    Other kids soiled clothes, you need to say something. I'd be sending them back in the plastic bag. A couple of wee/poo filled bags of clothes might make them pick up their game!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One time I had another child's soiled underwear sent home with me. It was baaadly soiled. I just threw them out. I don't like cleaning my own kid's poo, so I definitely dont want to be doing someone else's. Also, dd only goes one day a week so I didn't want to wait a full week to return them. If it happened regularly I probably wouldn't throw them out but I would request that they be more careful where they put the dirty clothes in future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could you supply a wet bag with your childs name on it - and i guess hope only your childs stuff goes in it.

Would be so frustrating getting a heap of other kids yucky soiled clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Could you supply a wet bag with your childs name on it - and i guess hope only your childs stuff goes in it.

Would be so frustrating getting a heap of other kids yucky soiled clothes
    This is what I do. I send a large baby beehinds wet bag and all the nappies go in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are the only cloth nappy family at our daycare as well. I send a wet bag that the nappies go in. Soiled or wet clothes they put into a plastic bag with the child's name on it and stick a sticker in the sign out book that says wet clothes. Thankfully I've only ever had clean dry clothes accidentally put in my kids bags. If I got soiled ones honestly not sure what I would do. 😂