+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stag do... WWYD/Say

So DH was out with the lads last night, is up this morning in fine form... But has casually dropped that one of the boys (who's a good friend of both of us equally) is planning his stag do in Nov (weekend in NZ).

DH has prefixed it by saying I said I cant commit but if I know the dates I might be able to plan to be there for a few days for work which will cover my flight. So clearly he's manoeuvring to make this happen from a financial perspective, which wouldn't actually be an issue, IF baby #2 wasn't due on the 3/11!!!

Minor detail right?!

The rational part of me, wants to say nothing, let him enjoy the idea of it, and come to the realisation that this is just not gonna happen on his own. The other, wants to veto it right now!!

WWYD?

(Don't quote me, I'll prob delete this later!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stag do... WWYD/Say

I would just remind him of the due date (not that you should have too) and say that as much as he would like to go, that you're not comfortable with it and that the timing isn't good.

If after this he was still saying he wants to go, I would put a stop to it.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 30-04-2016 at 08:50.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (30-04-2016),Nemmi1987  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i wouldn't be happy. when my due date approached my dh said no to all nz trips (for work) and just stuck to interstate flights. although in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the due date I think he even cut that back, just in case. this was our first though. maybe he's more blase because it's number 2?

look I wouldn't be very happy about it, surely the birth of your child is more important than a stag do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i wouldn't be happy. when my due date approached my dh said no to all nz trips (for work) and just stuck to interstate flights. although in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the due date I think he even cut that back, just in case. this was our first though. maybe he's more blase because it's number 2?

look I wouldn't be very happy about it, surely the birth of your child is more important than a stag do.
    Thing is we had a discussion a week or so ago and he has already told work he can't go to a conference in SG in mid Nov because the baby will at most be a few weeks old, said he'd rather set the expectation he just can't go now.

I don't think he feels the stag is more important.... Maybe just hopeful it could all fall into place...like baby comes end Oct and stag is end Nov. Phft, still not happening dude especially with a work trip tagged on, that would make a weekend 5 nights at least!

Feel like it will be perceived as just not wanting him to to go on a stag for the weekend if I go on about it now. He already had to say no to a 4 day Vegas stag next April which he was ok with, so maybe he feels he deserves a pass for this one?! Argh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would have laugh and said umm have you forgotten something.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (30-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    There is no way in he'll a stag night is more important than you and your baby. No 2 is much harder than just one. Please remind him now. Talk it out before it becomes bigger than life in both your minds.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (30-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (30-04-2016),Wise Enough  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't let him get his hopes up. Does he really think its a possibility?? Surely not, in the circumstances. I would just be saying no right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    This!

A stag do close to home (so away for one night) if Bub was at least 3-4 weeks old would maybe be ok in my books. A 5 day trip to NZ?? Nope.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    I wouldn't let him get his hopes up. Does he really think its a possibility?? Surely not, in the circumstances. I would just be saying no right now.
    Eh yeah apparently he did! Now apparently I am freaking out about something that not even happening; he doesn't even know the dates could be December... Sorry buddy still not an option 4 weeks/8 weeks not happening. Que fight about me always being angry at him.... Blah blah blah.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTutu For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Exactly what I would have done.