+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    See, I consider that as difficult to fall asleep! lol

Just shows how we all have different perspectives. I would be trying to build up independent "falling asleep" skills. When DD went through a stage of not wanting me to leave her bedside I would tell her I just had to go to the toilet, stack the dishwasher or some other short task but I would be back in 3 minutes and leave her but keep coming back at intervals. Eventually the minutes grew until I could just leave but I would assure her that even if she fell asleep I would still come back in and give her a kiss.
    I guess after what we have been through and put up with to get her to sleep (since she was 3 months old) I consider half an hour to be not bad, we used to have to rock her and even then she would usually sleep 12 hours after we finally got her to sleep.. That's why I don't know why this has started happening when she has had us present at sleep time for two years now but normally still gone all night (with the exception of a few stints or weeks of night waking which passed). Could her molars be playing a part in her appearing to have some kind of separation anxiety??? We have put up with so many hurdles with her sleeping I'm actually obsessed with making sure she sticks to routine to the point we don't even go out past her bed time because we just end up with an overtired child who won't cooperate when we are out so its not fun and we may as well stay home. We have lots of family close by to help and let us have a night out here and there.
    I have her on soy milk because full cream appears to give her belly aches. She constantly moves her legs under the sheet at bedtime as if they're itchy or sore... I just really want this to sort itself ASAP because my husband and I both work full time running two small businesses and with another on the way we are going to be exhausted!!!!!
    We have tried leaving the room and saying we will be back ( a few months ago ) but she just ended up following us out. Her personality is so strong and she is very demanding and doesn't fall for our tricks!!!! maybe I need to give it another try...

Edit- update... This morning she told
    me that her room is scary - and then when we asked a few more questions she said there is a scary monster in her room??? We have never asked her to put the idea in her head.... So I sent my husband in with fly "monster" spray and asked him to throw the monster out the window and spray under the bed! Fingers crossed because last night she woke 40 mins after bed and then 2-345am!
    Last edited by Hands full; 02-05-2016 at 09:44.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

So we are still waking in the night and saying that our room is scary and there is still one monster left..... I'm not sure what else to do really. It's getting tiring. Goes to bed around 7/730 sometimes takes til 8, awake again anywhere between 1130-3 for an hour or two and awake again by 6/630am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 did this exact thing. Took us 3weeks to work out she was afraid of teddy bears.

It was the cumulative effect of that bloody book "going on a bear hunt" and a teddy bears picnic where there was a giant bear in attendance. Combine both ideas.... urgh. It was awful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Hands full  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there a night light? Lay in bed beside each other and ask where the monster is? DD had this issue once because she sat something on her desk and thought the new shadow was a monster.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Hands full  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Is there a night light? Lay in bed beside each other and ask where the monster is? DD had this issue once because she sat something on her desk and thought the new shadow was a monster.
    Yes a gro clock which has a blue night light...... Although the night waking started before she had that... But she has always had s baby monitor with a red light. Tonight I will try no lights...?? Thanks so much for the ideas!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

So this has been going on a while now as you'll see from the original
    Post and date. The night waking continues around 1230/2am each night and lasts anywhere between 1-3 hours. Most mornings she is awake by 5:30am lately, even with trying to keep her up later (I know this never works) and even with less day sleeps. Bed time is still approx 7 and normally 8 at latest by the time she Falls asleep. Appears to be a mixture of monsters and separation anxiety, very upset in the night if her father takes her back to her bed, which he has been doing as we are due to have another baby in a month so I will be a bit busy feeding to be also
    Dealing with this.. Has anyone got any comments about whether this really is just a phase or what we can do to help her?! I put a dream catcher up tonight... Explained as best I could to someone so young... Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My DD started this over a month ago. I'm also pregnant with my second. I went back to cuddling her to sleep. Now this week she is back to settling herself again when she wakes at night and staying in her bed. We are almost back to her self settling at the start of the night too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you are going through Op my 2 year old DS has been doing this for a few months now, and will not self settle so I have to be beside his bed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MyDino For This Useful Post:

Hands full  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you still using the gro-clock? I've been reading about how shocking blue light is for our brains (in terms of sleep). Might be worth switching to a different colour night light? Apparently the wavelengths of blue is quite stimulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, just a few ideas, i dont know if you would be keen to try: i would introduce white noise. Also, would she resettle quickly with a warm sippy cup of milk? My dd woke once a night when she was 2. We would give a warm sippy cup of milk and she went back to sleep. I know it is another sleep aid but 2 mins of awake time is better than a big ordeal that lasts hrs. Just an idea...all the best.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Hands full  (03-06-2016)