+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @sunnygirl79, no calls yet from the 'fave' job as of now. Been anticipating it since this morning haha. It's weird when you think you are not going to get a call they will actually call you. Perhaps it will happen with the 'fave' job that when i though i was gonna hear some news soon it may turn out i'm not hearing it as soon as i'd like to. I'll take it easy today then

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnymum For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just a quick update that the other 'fave' job did not offer me the job.

They had to go with another candidate who was more suitable for the role, which is fair enough. A bit sad that I wasn't gonna be in a 'hot demand' seat haha, but no, more importantly the other 'fave' job actually ticks all the boxes in terms of all my career aspirations, etc and a bit sad that I'm nowhere near that opportunity yet. Actually today I know where I went wrong during the interview process and only too late to realise it now. I think I spoke too much how i great I was back then and didn't ask much about the job activity in general and seeing how my talent could work to improve the company.. and also in their sector they really need someone who's talented and knows where to put their talents and turning it into a great improvement process for the whole company.

No worries for now, so I've accepted the first job offer and will start next week! Can't wait. Thanks for all the replies here and in the end it did sound it's kinda misleading i.e. 'two job offers' haha..

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunnymum For This Useful Post:

Full House  (05-05-2016),Ngaiz  (05-05-2016),sunnygirl79  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymum View Post
    Hi all, just a quick update that the other 'fave' job did not offer me the job.

They had to go with another candidate who was more suitable for the role, which is fair enough. A bit sad that I wasn't gonna be in a 'hot demand' seat haha, but no, more importantly the other 'fave' job actually ticks all the boxes in terms of all my career aspirations, etc and a bit sad that I'm nowhere near that opportunity yet. Actually today I know where I went wrong during the interview process and only too late to realise it now. I think I spoke too much how i great I was back then and didn't ask much about the job activity in general and seeing how my talent could work to improve the company.. and also in their sector they really need someone who's talented and knows where to put their talents and turning it into a great improvement process for the whole company.

No worries for now, so I've accepted the first job offer and will start next week! Can't wait. Thanks for all the replies here and in the end it did sound it's kinda misleading i.e. 'two job offers' haha..
    Congratulations on moving forward with your new job. I hope it turns out wonderfully and you end up thinking it was the beat choice.
    Sorry about the other role, it sucks when you dont get something that really fits in well with everything.
    Good luck next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    At least you don't have to feel bad about leaving job A in the lurch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, at least I don't have to break the bad news to the first job offer and likely to be told off! I've been in a position where I quit a job after a week and they were totally not impressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry guys, it's me again! Today I got a phone message from an organisation that i applied for one of their roles a while back and asking me if i was interested for an interview. I'm tempted for a second because this is such a respectable organisation, but i thought it's a bit of a hassle to dip my toes in the water as well because i just started my new job (first week!) and can't really find an excuse to skip work go out for an interview!

I am also tempted because the organisation *might* be the one that would be an answer to my career aspirations.

Having been in a new job for a half a week, i must say i am surrounded by great(est) crew, but job wise i feel like i am just repeating what i have previously experienced but with different product, clients, brands etc. In terms of learning wise, there is little new learning to be gained except being in different work culture. If i could follow the right opportunity for my career aspirations, that would open the door to new career, skills and further study opportunities.

So help! Do you think i could explain that to the organisation that would like to interview me? Except the fact that i cannot take a day off yet to go for an interview... And from my experience, being in the interview spot doesnt really guarantee a job offer yet lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you ask for an interview after hours? Plenty of companies do that, understanding it's difficult to take time off under the circumstances. You're showing you are a loyal employee by doing just that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Can you ask for an interview after hours? Plenty of companies do that, understanding it's difficult to take time off under the circumstances. You're showing you are a loyal employee by doing just that.
    This is what I was coming in to suggest. My sister is currently doing this. She has had no trouble scheduling 7am or 6 pm interviews with prospective companies

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Juggling two job offers

Thanks for all the suggestions. So i replied to the prospective company asking for alternative/ after hours interview times, but they would only be holding interviews next monday only during working hours. So in conclusion i had to decline that interview. No way im taking a day off after having only been in the new job for a week. My heart waivers easily these days when new interview comes up lol. Too bad the ones i got rejected or i need to decline seem to be my perfect job. Oh well maybe i always think the grass is always greener from the other side. Maybe because i am still searching for the 'best' job

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice: give the job you have a go for 6 months before you start looking. Even though you feel it's stuff you've already done I'm sure there's something new you're learning to put on your CV.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (12-05-2016)