+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So what does he do with his time at home? I can't stand grown adults who can't look after themselves. DH is absolutely hopeless with things like washing, so I have always refused to do it for him. He has to figure it out or go without clean clothes. If he runs out of work shirts, he's the one up early to sort it out, not me. Not my problem.

It's a bit of a cliche, but can you just stop doing stuff for him so he starts to feel the consequences a bit? Not in a passive aggressive way, tell him upfront that he needs to start pulling his weight, then actually expect it of him.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (29-04-2016),yadot  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At least 50/50 here, probably DH does more. And he works extremely hard and often long hours. His time at home is dedicated to his family and he is very very interactive with the kids. The only thing he hates is folding clothes, which is fine because he does a cr@p job anyway lol.
    I'd definitely say counselling was the go. You cant expect him to completely change, that's not fair, but it may give you tools to communicate better which may make him see things differently and understand the need for him to be contributing.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He works full time. I am a SAHM at the moment. I refuse to iron his work shirts so he does that and if his clothes aren't in the clothes hamper, I don't wash them. The thing is - Im not a push over and I nag him like crazy and he knows that I wont do certain things for him. He just doesn't care..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How is your mil and fil relationship? Was your mil a SAHM and did your FIL expect her to do everything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How is your mil and fil relationship? Was your mil a SAHM and did your FIL expect her to do everything?
    Nope both full time workers. Very career oriented. Divorced. DH is an only child.