+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "My baby" in conversation would definitely bother me.

'My [endearment]"... no. It's an endearment, so yes it refers to the person saying it.

ETA: So, none of you who dislike people calling your kids "my xyz" call your partners "my love" or anything like that right? 'cause they are someone else's kid.
    Last edited by DT75; 10-05-2016 at 12:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MIL posted on a photo of kids and dh that I had put up for mothers day. "Did my babies cook you breakfast?"
    I felt like replying, yes dh (aka your 'baby') did cook me breakfast... but your grandchildren (aka my 'babies') are a bit young to cook yet 😒

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (10-05-2016),DT75  (09-05-2016),Kristyj  (09-05-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My darling is a popular one used amonst my family. It doesn't really bother me i think its actually quiet sweet actually. I don't know how i would feel though if people outside of my family said it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love people who love my kids. I always say I have community babies/children. I love watching our families fawn over our kids and our friends too. I love being stopped at the shops by the oldies as the coo over my kids and in that moment I feel like they are theirs too. I'm the same with other people's kids too, I'll talk and play with them and I've definitely claimed some as my own. When it's a matter of devotion to the child rather than ownership of the child why not embrace it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It annoys the cr@p out of me. MIL called DD 'my baby' from the beginning, oh where is my baby and so on. I called her out on it Xmas Day when DD was 5 wks old and she still does it sometimes. When DD was in hospital she asked me 'oh, does anyone elses baby have what ours has'. I get I don't own my daughter but she is my baby, not anyone else's. DH tells me to pick my fights and she doesn't do it as much now but when she does it really winds me up. I want to shout at her SHE'S NOT YOUR BABY