+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that's a great idea. Would it just be a general chat thread for everyone regardless of where they are at or just TTC?

We will be starting again soon and as awful as it sounds I struggle with the TTC & DIG. Sometimes I find it hard to listen to people vent about getting fat/ being tired/ just wanting to get the baby out. I know these things are terrible for others but it just feels like a kick in the guts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozz90 View Post
    Hey ladies,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious babies
    My daughter was stillborn in December and Tuesday is my due date. I'm finding it extremely hard in the lead up to this and just want to skip the next few weeks as my heart is so extremely broken and no one understands.
    It is just so heartbreaking and unfair. I hope you have great support on these horrible days xx
    @Lozz90 I'm so sorry about your bub. Tuesday will be a tough day in sure. Have you got plans or just keeping busy?

Harry's due date is fast approaching and I'm dreading it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I think that's a great idea. Would it just be a general chat thread for everyone regardless of where they are at or just TTC?

We will be starting again soon and as awful as it sounds I struggle with the TTC & DIG. Sometimes I find it hard to listen to people vent about getting fat/ being tired/ just wanting to get the baby out. I know these things are terrible for others but it just feels like a kick in the guts.
    I feel exactly the same way hun. Just a general chat regardless of whether you are TTC, pregnant or anywhere in between. I already like chatting to you ladies and i feel like we can really help and support each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    @Lozz90 I'm so sorry about your bub. Tuesday will be a tough day in sure. Have you got plans or just keeping busy?

Harry's due date is fast approaching and I'm dreading it.
    Its so hard isnt it hun, each date that comes, mothers day, due date, xmas, things like this i think will always be hard.. I think we need to allow ourselves to not be great on those days, and grieve however we want. I find it hard to find the right words sometimes, but i feel exactly like you. You are a mumma, Harry's mumma and no-one can ever take that away from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

So sorry to read of all your losses. It seems incomprehensible that in this day and age so many babies are still dying.

This is my second Mother's Day without my daughter, Edith, who was lost the week before she was due in July 2014. Unfortunately losing a child doesn't seem to be one of those things that gets 'easier'. I have an older son who is now 5 so as much as I would like to hide under the covers and ignore the whole hallmark occasion, I just have to suck it up as my son finds it so exciting. Last year I was able to have a few champagnes to get through the family lunch, this year I am pregnant so looks like I'll have to find a healthier coping strategy!

It really sucks to hear so many of you have to deal with insensitivity from family members, it makes things so much harder when others not only have no clue but don't even display any attempts at empathy.

We have Eadie's ashes at home in a soft toy which I love to cuddle up to. Never thought at 29 years old I would cuddle up to a toy each night! After dealing with lunch with my parents and grandma I plan on taking Eadie's toy for a drive to a favorite spot in the middle of nowhere for some time out. I'll also write her a letter, which is a poor substitute for having an almost 2 year old munchkin to chat with.

Coping with all the milestones, dates and special occasions is bloody awful, thinking of you all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe I can imagine Tuesday will be very hard. I don't have an special plans, but thankfully my partner fly's in from work that day so we will probably go for lunch somewhere and maybe visit the beach where we had our daughters funeral.

I am definitely keen for a TTC thread too. We are TTC but my partner works away and I think because I want it so badly in stressing so it isn't happening. Would love to be included x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lozz90 I'm glad you will get to spend the day together.
    @Tainted I'm sorry to hear it doesn't get easier for you. It sounds like you have a lovely day planned to remember Edith.

I try and remind myself that my MIL doesn't mean any harm but it is so hurtful. DH is shelters me as much as possible but sometimes I just have to go.

She has told me "I told you it was bad luck to buy to much before the baby is born" and "you are young, have another one" followed by "oh well get a dog and love it like a baby" when I reminded her it took years to conceive the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tainted that sounds so lovely to cuddle Eadie's toy and to write her a letter. I was so glad to hear that your scan went so well the other day.
    @Lozz90 thats good that you will be able to spend the day with your DH, it would be awful not being able to be with my DH, i have found that I need him even more and worry about my DH even more now. The beach sounds lovely hun.
    @mummymaybe i understand your MIL means no harms, it still doesn't make it any easier. Sometimes people just don't know what to say and believe what they are saying helps.

I am just waiting to hear back about our private thread ladies, any ideas on a thread name? I was thinking something like 'rainbow mummas' or 'chasing rainbows' or something else? Any ideas mummas? Really looking forward to chatting to you all in there.

As for me, i have my good and bad moments, but i keep forgetting we only had our little girl a month ago so things are still very fresh for us. I am really struggling with seeing friends babies or babies in general atm. It just makes my heart and arms ache for our sweet girl. I really loved being pregnant with her and i miss feeling her delicate kicks. Even though i know I'm a mum now, i don't really feel like i am. Its all i have ever wanted in life and i was so ready...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe that's absolutely horrible! Some people are so insensitive and just say the most hurtful things when we are already going through a heartbreaking time.

It hadn't even been a week since I lost my daughter and my best friend said 'maybe Indigo died because we were meant to be pregnant together' 😳 two weeks later we found out she was pregnant and it has really affected our friendship with how she has treated me.

No one understands the pain and even now 4 months on, very few people care about anything to do with my daughter 😔

Glad your husband is supportive and tries sheltering you from it X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lozz90 that is so awful hun. Since this has happened we have cut out a people from our lives who arent good people. Life is too short and i know i wouldnt be able to stand being around someone like that. The thing is, not everything happens for a reason, sometimes bad things just happen to good people. And it sucks. Indigo is such a beautiful name hun.

We all understand your pain and will be here for you and carry on Indigo's memory. I think sometimes people prefer not to talk about our bubba's to not upset us. The thing is, it will always upset me, but i want to talk about our angel as it helps acknowledge that she is a part of us and keeps her memory alive.