Melbourne to Sydney | Page 7 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Just to clarify I said it was seedy and I thought it was not very family friendly , I didn't say it was dangerous and it's definitely not a typical Sydney tourist destination !
    Sure, I said that it is not a typical tourist spot as well but when you say you wouldn't walk around there with kids it doesn't give the impression that it is safe imo.

Anywho! OP, hope you get something good and have a lovely time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, Coogee would be the full blown Sydney experience. Iy would be wonderful. And close to the city. Lots of people, but perhaps the most stunning coastline walks between beaches in sydney. Cronulla is further away, a more laid back suburban feel. Shelly is really lovely. Nice cafe and hamburger shop plus short walk to other beaches. I would probably go with Coogee if you want the full Sydney experience. Do you have the address for the sheĺly property?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We found something!
    It's a gorgeous apartment on Coogee Bay Rd. We can only stay 6 nights because it is a little bit out of our budget, but that should be enough to enjoy the main attractions.

We plan to drive straight up but if anyone can suggest a good stopover Town / motel for the way back to Melbourne that would be great.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all, we've decided to fly in to Sydney.
    Quick question, if we're staying in Coogee, across from Woolworths, a few min walk to beach and bus stops, would we need to hire a car? It's only for 6 nights.
    I know we'll see the main sights in Sydney and catch Ferry, visit Bondi etc...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melbourne to Sydney

Unless your accommodation has a car space id avoid car hire.. Parking around there in summer is a nightmare... Public transport can be packed .. Not unusual to have to stand on the buses around Coogee/Bondi in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Parking is a nightmare everywhere in Sydney and expensive. Prob best to use public transport, I'm guessing you'll get a bus to Bondi junction then train into city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we have a car spot :-)
    Oh standing on buses, that's sucks, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm... Having a car space is great. But if for example you go into the city, opera house, darling harbour, the zoo, bondi- it would be way easier to do all of that on public transport. I feel liberated when on hols and have no car- you don't have to worry about directions, parking at your destination and parking costs. On balance, i would go public transport. Purchase opal cards as soon as you arrive. They cover bus, train, ferry and light rail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh what's are darling harbour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wildlife world and acquarium are right near datling harbour. There are lots of restaurants; plus china town nearby, and 3D cinema.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (24-06-2016)