+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    driving in the Eastern Suburbs (ie Coogee and Bondi) is a nightmare. And unless there is parking included in your accomm it will be very difficult to drive. Driving to and from Bondi train station would be near impossible. Cronulla has station right there plus a mall area which is pedestrians only. its an hr on the train to the city. I cant think of any tourist/ cabin parks on the beach in Syd, unless you go right up Northern beaches, but then, access to the city would be terrible (no trains etc). another option would be to get an apartment right in the city (ie: Quest, DArling Harbour), and train it out to Bondi if you want to go to the beach there. If you stay in the city you can walk everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I sold a house in Railway st in Rockdale a few years back and am jaded from that probably as all the stories about the constant drama at the big pub on the corner that all the neighbours told me about, I just didn't find it a nice area , definitely wouldn't want to live around there but that's just from my experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    driving in the Eastern Suburbs (ie Coogee and Bondi) is a nightmare. And unless there is parking included in your accomm it will be very difficult to drive. Driving to and from Bondi train station would be near impossible. Cronulla has station right there plus a mall area which is pedestrians only. its an hr on the train to the city. I cant think of any tourist/ cabin parks on the beach in Syd, unless you go right up Northern beaches, but then, access to the city would be terrible (no trains etc). another option would be to get an apartment right in the city (ie: Quest, DArling Harbour), and train it out to Bondi if you want to go to the beach there. If you stay in the city you can walk everywhere.
    It's so funny reading everyone's experiences, I don't think the drive is that bad , I worked at Bondi Junction for a year and found it easy to drive to and park but I suppose it's what your used too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Junction is okay, but to and from the beaches can be tricky...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Ah ok. Good point however I think I want better access to the beaches? We'll probably go city area 2-3 times in 6 full days?? Harbour bridge, zoo and maybe another thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol here i go with cronulla again... i just saw cronulla motor inn has some limited availability for the first week of jan. They have 2 bed apartment and family rooms with kitchenettes. Might be an option?? Cheaper than quest apartments which is right on the beach. Cronulla motel is older style accomm but it always looks full when i go past it. I havwnt been inside it. Maybe ring them up and see if they could do you a deal for 5 nights?? I think jan would be the most expensive month due to xmas and school hols?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melbourne to Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Ah ok. Good point however I think I want better access to the beaches? We'll probably go city area 2-3 times in 6 full days?? Harbour bridge, zoo and maybe another thing.
    Yep - buses run every 20 mins from Coogee beach to Bondi beach ( stopping at Bronte and Tamarama beaches on the way) 2 days is plenty in the city , do north Sydney one day ( ferry to zoo/Luna park /circular Quay) and another day in the city ( museums/darling harbour/shopping) the other days then just relax on our wonderful beaches! ( and restaurants!)
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 30-04-2016 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow created a lot of talk this!
    Think horses for courses but I would put a vote in for narrabeen caravan park right on beach - lots of beaches safe water - child friendly not the crowds of eastern burbs - yes no train but bus at door stop every 10 mins (takes an hr but kids love it...) to centre of city - no parking, driving, e tags (can drink!) to worry about also bus every 15 mins to manly to get ferry into city which is nice .... The thought of being with two young ones at Coogee and Bondi in height of summer Makes me cringe but that's me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    Wow created a lot of talk this!
    Think horses for courses but I would put a vote in for narrabeen caravan park right on beach - lots of beaches safe water - child friendly not the crowds of eastern burbs - yes no train but bus at door stop every 10 mins (takes an hr but kids love it...) to centre of city - no parking, driving, e tags (can drink!) to worry about also bus every 15 mins to manly to get ferry into city which is nice .... The thought of being with two young ones at Coogee and Bondi in height of summer Makes me cringe but that's me!
    Ah, I'll look into that caravan park. Thanks. Why does the sound of being Coogee makes you cringe. Haha
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 30-04-2016 at 14:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the crowds really and not as family orientated.....(know some will argue...) it is great - but for me if I was 20 years younger with no kids!