+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 97
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,321
    Thanks
    1,552
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's been so long since I checked in! May has been a write off for weight loss so far. I've been very naughty 😁

    Back on the straight and narrow. Actually pleased that I only put on 1kg given all the cake I had. It should be gone and more by next week.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,321
    Thanks
    1,552
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Lovemysons congrats on the BFP!! 🎉

    Personally I'd keep going to the fitness boot camp but I'd adapt for low impact exercise.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weigh in today. Lost nothing in a week.
    Oh well. At least I didn't gain.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,376
    Thanks
    2,575
    Thanked
    3,785
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My weight is so annoying. I wish it was all based on exercise and not diet, I'm smashing out exercise but obviously my diet isn't up to par because I'm not losing much, it's going up and down but over a week I'll be lucky to lose 500g. I know what the issue is, I have too many cheat snacks. And last night I got stuck in traffic so had KFC for dinner because I was grumpy about getting home late lol.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My weight is so annoying. I wish it was all based on exercise and not diet, I'm smashing out exercise but obviously my diet isn't up to par because I'm not losing much, it's going up and down but over a week I'll be lucky to lose 500g. I know what the issue is, I have too many cheat snacks. And last night I got stuck in traffic so had KFC for dinner because I was grumpy about getting home late lol.
    I read somewhere that weight loss is 80% diet and 20%exercise.
    Which sucks.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,321
    Thanks
    1,552
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I read somewhere that weight loss is 80% diet and 20%exercise.
    Which sucks.
    I've found that to be true. I do no exercise at all and lose a lot just by focusing on my diet.

    DH is on the same diet and lose just as much (not more) even though he exercises a lot. As in runs 4-5 hrs a week.
    However if we have a big week end, i put on more than him. It seems that exercise is a great way to regulate and stabilise weight 😊

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,502
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked
    337
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I exercise 20min a day, I wouldn't say my diet is great, I still have carbs (toast in the morning) pasta at night) however I stay away from sweets and sugars etc. I do cheat on the weekend though.
    I basically eat the same for breakfast and lunch.

    All you need is discipline and determination and you got it. It's easy.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I've found that to be true. I do no exercise at all and lose a lot just by focusing on my diet.

    DH is on the same diet and lose just as much (not more) even though he exercises a lot. As in runs 4-5 hrs a week.
    However if we have a big week end, i put on more than him. It seems that exercise is a great way to regulate and stabilise weight 😊
    Before I got pregnant with my daughter I lost 25kgs. I pretty much lost that just eating from a smaller plate. And doing a bit of walking just 20 minutes with the dog. My DH eats bigger portions..does no exercise and puts on weight! So yeah ..I definitely think it's true.

    As for me. ..total loss for May so far is 1.9kgs... discovered why is so slow and I felt so crappy was TTOTM coming. ..unexpectedly (pill didn't stop it this month)...
    Still weight is going down so I'm happy.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post

    All you need is discipline and determination and you got it. It's easy.
    Not wanting to debate or be mean. ..but actually for the majority of people seeking to lose weight its not 'easy' as you say. It could be a lifetime of habits to change. ..or emotions involved etc.
    There could be people in this thread struggling with losing weight and saying it is easy isn't super helpful.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    ilex  (12-05-2016)

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,376
    Thanks
    2,575
    Thanked
    3,785
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Not wanting to debate or be mean. ..but actually for the majority of people seeking to lose weight its not 'easy' as you say. It could be a lifetime of habits to change. ..or emotions involved etc.
    There could be people in this thread struggling with losing weight and saying it is easy isn't super helpful.
    I second this, I'm also being tested for hormonal issues at the moment which I suspect is making it more difficult for me. What's easy for some isn't so easy for others.


 

Similar Threads

  1. April Weight Loss Challenge
    By Catzilla in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 18:26
  2. February Weight Loss Challenge
    By Catzilla in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 00:19
  3. January Weight Loss Challenge
    By My Beloved Ones in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 31-01-2016, 19:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!