+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's been so long since I checked in! May has been a write off for weight loss so far. I've been very naughty 😁

Back on the straight and narrow. Actually pleased that I only put on 1kg given all the cake I had. It should be gone and more by next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Lovemysons congrats on the BFP!! 🎉

Personally I'd keep going to the fitness boot camp but I'd adapt for low impact exercise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Weigh in today. Lost nothing in a week.
    Oh well. At least I didn't gain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My weight is so annoying. I wish it was all based on exercise and not diet, I'm smashing out exercise but obviously my diet isn't up to par because I'm not losing much, it's going up and down but over a week I'll be lucky to lose 500g. I know what the issue is, I have too many cheat snacks. And last night I got stuck in traffic so had KFC for dinner because I was grumpy about getting home late lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My weight is so annoying. I wish it was all based on exercise and not diet, I'm smashing out exercise but obviously my diet isn't up to par because I'm not losing much, it's going up and down but over a week I'll be lucky to lose 500g. I know what the issue is, I have too many cheat snacks. And last night I got stuck in traffic so had KFC for dinner because I was grumpy about getting home late lol.
    I read somewhere that weight loss is 80% diet and 20%exercise.
    Which sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I read somewhere that weight loss is 80% diet and 20%exercise.
    Which sucks.
    I've found that to be true. I do no exercise at all and lose a lot just by focusing on my diet.

DH is on the same diet and lose just as much (not more) even though he exercises a lot. As in runs 4-5 hrs a week.
    However if we have a big week end, i put on more than him. It seems that exercise is a great way to regulate and stabilise weight 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I exercise 20min a day, I wouldn't say my diet is great, I still have carbs (toast in the morning) pasta at night) however I stay away from sweets and sugars etc. I do cheat on the weekend though.
    I basically eat the same for breakfast and lunch.

All you need is discipline and determination and you got it. It's easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I've found that to be true. I do no exercise at all and lose a lot just by focusing on my diet.

DH is on the same diet and lose just as much (not more) even though he exercises a lot. As in runs 4-5 hrs a week.
    However if we have a big week end, i put on more than him. It seems that exercise is a great way to regulate and stabilise weight 😊
    Before I got pregnant with my daughter I lost 25kgs. I pretty much lost that just eating from a smaller plate. And doing a bit of walking just 20 minutes with the dog. My DH eats bigger portions..does no exercise and puts on weight! So yeah ..I definitely think it's true.

As for me. ..total loss for May so far is 1.9kgs... discovered why is so slow and I felt so crappy was TTOTM coming. ..unexpectedly (pill didn't stop it this month)...
    Still weight is going down so I'm happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post

All you need is discipline and determination and you got it. It's easy.
    Not wanting to debate or be mean. ..but actually for the majority of people seeking to lose weight its not 'easy' as you say. It could be a lifetime of habits to change. ..or emotions involved etc.
    There could be people in this thread struggling with losing weight and saying it is easy isn't super helpful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

ilex  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Not wanting to debate or be mean. ..but actually for the majority of people seeking to lose weight its not 'easy' as you say. It could be a lifetime of habits to change. ..or emotions involved etc.
    There could be people in this thread struggling with losing weight and saying it is easy isn't super helpful.
    I second this, I'm also being tested for hormonal issues at the moment which I suspect is making it more difficult for me. What's easy for some isn't so easy for others.