+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Kimberley WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always had ds1 with me when ds2 came along apart from the few hours 2 days a week he went to kindy. I found that time away from him enough. Same when ds3 came along. You soon get into the rythum of having more than one. You will find your knack ☺
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 29-04-2016 at 18:36.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also think 4 days seems like a lot of time away from you. Are you able to make it one day a fortnight with each grandparent? Then she would be home for 4 days.

I am mindful that you posted earlier in the week regarding breastfeeding difficulties, so this may not be the best suggestion. However I used to find that I could breastfeed and read a book to my toddler at the same time because I had a spare hand. I also became very good at playing trains and Duplo one handed. Toddler was happy because they were getting my attention, baby was happy because it was being fed and didn't notice was otherwise being ignored.

I know that you posted earlier in the week about needing both hands to breastfeed, so reading etc may not be possible for you. Your DD could hold the book and turn the pages though?

Good luck. I actually found going from one to two children quite difficult as I wasn't used to dealing with more than one child.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it possible to put the grandmas to use in some other way? Could they come to you and look after the baby while you do something with DD1? Or you could meet them somewhere and do something together? That way DD1 still gets grandma time but so do you.