+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!

I just went out to my kitchen and turned on the light and seen heaps of those little German cockroaches scatter everywhere ������. I can't stand cockroaches especially having young children around so I immediately jumped online to try and find the best thing to get rid of them as I have never had them before but apparently there's not much that can be used safely to kill them when you have young children and pets (we have a kitten) ������ I don't know how to get rid of them safely but I don't even want to be in my house right now I'm so grossed out.

Any suggestions that are pet and children friendly? I know it's not really a parenting question but thought that maybe someone has delt with these little critters before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had rented out the house before and yeah it was baaaad...

this is worked a treat http://www.easypestsupplies.com.au/s...roach-gel.html

I put little bits on the kitchen cupboard feet behind the skirting boards. Where cockroaches live but kids won't get to. Be prepared to find dead bodies for a few weeks but it will stop the breeding cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would suggest looking up pest control in your area as many of them are pet and child friendly. They will offer a 3 month guarantee on those small cockroaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use Amalgamate.d P.est Control and they give a 1 year guarantee. If you get anymore within that year they come out and spray again for free! Pet and child friendly too. We have 2 dogs and a toddler. I haven't found any of the home remedies work long term, so it's definitely worth the money for a professional spray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    We use Amalgamate.d P.est Control and they give a 1 year guarantee. If you get anymore within that year they come out and spray again for free! Pet and child friendly too. We have 2 dogs and a toddler. I haven't found any of the home remedies work long term, so it's definitely worth the money for a professional spray.
    1 year is very good. They are really hard to treat and keep away. I've only ever been given a 3 month guarantee and we don't even have German cockroaches. I get 1 year on the big ones but not the German ones.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!

German cockroaches are nasty and almost impossible to get rid off with DIY. Each little bugger can breed 50,000 in a season and they very quickly get out of control.
    We ended up having to move out of a rental property and throwing out most electrical goods and other property from the kitchen and lounge as they can get inside things. It went very quickly from a few cockroaches to literally raining cockroaches in the kitchen- and you could see them inside the display panels of the microwave and coffee machine. They were EVERYWHERE. Under our shoes, nests in our shopping bags- I found hundreds when packing, in the cupboards (they like breeding near the hinges).....

I'd strongly recommend getting a professional in and getting on top of it whilst you still have a chance!!!!

Eta: we tried baits, surface spray and bombs but they barely make a dent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    1 year is very good. They are really hard to treat and keep away. I've only ever been given a 3 month guarantee and we don't even have German cockroaches. I get 1 year on the big ones but not the German ones.
    Hmm, as far as I was aware their gtee was 1 year for everything - we get lots of ants so that was our main problem, and just a few little cokcies. And it's been effective for the last few years. But maybe we just don't have the german kind? I try not to get too close when I see them (ie. Scream and run away while flailing my hands 😅), so not sure what kind they are!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    German cockroaches are nasty and almost impossible to get rid off with DIY. Each little bugger can breed 50,000 in a season and they very quickly get out of control.
    We ended up having to move out of a rental property and throwing out most electrical goods and other property from the kitchen and lounge as they can get inside things. It went very quickly from a few cockroaches to literally raining cockroaches in the kitchen- and you could see them inside the display panels of the microwave and coffee machine. They were EVERYWHERE. Under our shoes, nests in our shopping bags- I found hundreds when packing, in the cupboards (they like breeding near the hinges).....

I'd strongly recommend getting a professional in and getting on top of it whilst you still have a chance!!!!

Eta: we tried baits, surface spray and bombs but they barely make a dent.
    Have to agree here. Go the professional route.

A mate of ours rented an apartment with a severe infestation like this and it was insanely bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm going to call a professional now and speak to someone. Hopefully they're not too dear as money is really tight at the moment and if I have to save in order to get a professional out I'd hate to see how bad they will get in that time.