+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centerlink payments have changed

So I'm checking the bank statements and have found that our centerlink payment has changed from nearly $200 to just over $30.

Ive changed nothing on anything.

Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They sometimes reduce ur payment so u are not overpaid, can happen around this time of year. Maybe give them a ring and check though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ring them.
    Or check online. Look under payments and see what payments have changed. There will be a letter to explain it, if haven't received it it should be there soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My payments used to change a fair bit despite my circumstances not changing. No one could ever answer what was going on. Try ringing but don't be surprised if you get out through to 5 different people and still have no answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look at your payment summary online and see the break up of your payments.

They never just reduced it "just incase". Do u get child support ? Has a new assessment come through? Have u updated your income estimate or do you pay rent and didn't reverify it? Also a lot of ppl forget payments change with age...part b drops when your youngest turns 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    Look at your payment summary online and see the break up of your payments.

They never just reduced it "just incase". Do u get child support ? Has a new assessment come through? Have u updated your income estimate or do you pay rent and didn't reverify it? Also a lot of ppl forget payments change with age...part b drops when your youngest turns 5.
    We did update our payment about 2 months ago but the amount changed straight away. we got a letter saying so. Nothing has changed since then so it doesn't make sense. No child support or new income test. Nothing. DS turned 5 in December so if it was going to be effected it should have been done ages ago.
    It just sucks as I'm a student now, not claiming austudy or anything (too much hassle to go through) and we so need the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely call up to see why/how it was affected...you don't know if some mistake waa made on your account or some auto update happened as a result of something else. Once i sent in my rent certificate and for some reason we got another one. The system had re-issued one to my husband and the staff member couldn't tell me why...and she was senior. I had to ring cause it cut off my rent assistance.

Also it's worth testing eligibility for austudy . ..it's a shame you never applied because processing times are sooo long now. I know of people waiting from December, still till now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone at the moment, pregnant without other kids not able to work and getting a Centrelink payment for this reason.
    I had to leave my job because of chemicals and heavy lift and my last pregnancy I had a MC, I'm in my second trimester and no one is wanting to hirer me. So would love to know if you are in the same sort of position as me and getting payment before the baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rach4 View Post
    Is anyone at the moment, pregnant without other kids not able to work and getting a Centrelink payment for this reason.
    I had to leave my job because of chemicals and heavy lift and my last pregnancy I had a MC, I'm in my second trimester and no one is wanting to hirer me. So would love to know if you are in the same sort of position as me and getting payment before the baby is born.
    I was in a similar position with my last pregnancy, despite being employed on. Permanent part time contract, the only option I had was to be put on Newstart, but provided medical certificates and I was then automatically excempt once I hit 35/36 weeks of pregnancy.