+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Have you done your child care maths? With the CCR cap and paying extra tax working full time is not better for us financially.
    Yes, initially here it won't be worth it financially- I will do it for me, my mental health, my career.

But once baby is in school, fees drop and that wage is great!

Would be much harder to go back if I wait until bub start school- 4/5 years out of work?!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (29-04-2016),hazzyj  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked full-time when I had 3 kids for similar reasons and we managed fine without too much hassle. We still found ways to spend time together. There didn't seem to be any negative impact on the children at all.

After child #4 arrived I started working part-time as there was no financial benefit to working full-time anymore due to Daycare/OSHC costs. This has been great for our family and we have still managed holidays snd Private Christian School fees (3 kids in school at the moment - any after that a free! !!) I am currently on Maternity leave for bub #5 but plan to return to my part time job after 12 months off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

hazzyj  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Yes, initially here it won't be worth it financially- I will do it for me, my mental health, my career.

But once baby is in school, fees drop and that wage is great!

Would be much harder to go back if I wait until bub start school- 4/5 years out of work?!
    These are really good points even if not worth it financially...also a long way down the track but good for your super account 😁

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazzyj For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (29-04-2016),DT75  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beljane View Post
    I worked full-time when I had 3 kids for similar reasons and we managed fine without too much hassle. We still found ways to spend time together. There didn't seem to be any negative impact on the children at all.

After child #4 arrived I started working part-time as there was no financial benefit to working full-time anymore due to Daycare/OSHC costs. This has been great for our family and we have still managed holidays snd Private Christian School fees (3 kids in school at the moment - any after that a free! !!) I am currently on Maternity leave for bub #5 but plan to return to my part time job after 12 months off.
    Thanks Beljane, love hearing this.

And 5 babies ... Amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Until August last year I was full time (then DD got cancer). I liked working full time, the actual work wasn't a problem and DD loved daycare.

My main gripe with it was that I absolutely HATED that there wasn't as much time to get household chores done. It had to cut into leisure time in the evening or weekend, and I loathed it. I'm now caring for DD full time and not working. We sold up last year and moved to the country to halve our mortgage (huge profit left over from city house after the mortgage was paid out for that).

I used to have to work just to pay the mortgage. Now I can stay home, or if I want to work next year when DD starts school I can, but there's no pressure. I honestly hope we are never again in a position where we have to both work full time just to survive. I would rather work just school hours now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hollywood I'm really sorry to hear your daughter was/is sick.

It's great you guys could halve your mortgage and take the pressure off as being in the position where you have to work full time would be hard.

For me, it's not a necessity to work full time but more if we went those extra things like holidays, outings and private school then I will need to ... I think that's why I'm a bit unsure!

And I'm hearing you with the house work 😩

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazzyj For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (29-04-2016),Hollywood  (29-04-2016)