+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wonder week leap 4.

Hello! So my little man is nearly 4 months. He was a terrible sleeper from birth. I started shoosh patting around 2 months and just as it started working ( he started falling asleep on his own and only waking twice at night for a feed), leap.4 hit. With my first i never thought about the wonder weeks. But this time round its like clockwork. But hes 1 week ahead. Hes now back to 30min naps during the day and constantly waking at night. (I mean like every hour to hour and a half. ) this has progressively been getting worse for 2 weeks. According to the app im right in the storm now. So my question is, what was all your experiences with leap 4? and is it bad for the full 5 weeks or does it ease off? I guess i just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Lol
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wonder week leap 4.

As you posted this in the pro cc thread I'll tell you what I did.
    It didn't improve and the wakings were at a unsustainable level.
    At 5 months we did cc. It took about 5 nights. Now dd2 who is just under 6 months sleeps 11ish hours, with a dream feed at 930pm. It had improved our lives dramatically- she's much happier now she's sleeping and I'm not losing the plot anymore.
    There are plenty of sites with how to do cc properly. You need to be 100% committed though, if you give in all you have done is teach your baby to cry harder and longer than before.

I'm not saying things won't improve on their own but as I had an exhausting 3yo to look after I couldn't wait much longer.

The important thing at this age is that they need to start learning to self settle and resettle without assistance if it's interfering with their sleep (some lucky ones can feed/rock to sleep etc and still sleep through, but mine didn't).

There are also gentle methods out there and it may take a bit longer but tbh I'm not terribly familiar with them.

Just be mindful bubs is still young and cc is usually not recommended before 6 months, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck and hope you get done sleep soon xx

Eta: if you do cc under 6 months please keep a dream feed at night to prevent hunger
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 28-04-2016 at 08:36.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Kasia15  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It does ease off. It's really normal and most babies go back to normal after.

My youngest now almost 7mths hit that leap lightly but is in the 6mth regression hard. But it appears we are coming thru that in this past week.

I'm firmly in the gentle parenting camp as I don't believe in sleep training at any age. There are numerous gentle methods to get your baby to sleep better. Naturally they take longer but imo has better long term outcomes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Kasia15  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I actually accidentally posted it here. But i did do cc with my now 2.5 year old when she was 6 months. It worked really well for her. But i think hes still a little young from what ive read. :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kasia15 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Leap 4 was the only one we noticed, DS just breezed through the rest of them. But from around 3.5 to 4.5 months he was definitely grumpier during the day, and woke about every hour at night for a couple of weeks.
    They were not fun times. But around 5-6 months is when babies start getting really cute - I figured that was the reward for enduring the 4th leap/4 month sleep regression! :P

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Kasia15  (28-04-2016)