+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiples.... please someone has to know...

Help. I barely have enough time to write this. I have new twins around 3months old and a 5 yr old. I am about to go back to work fulltime 5-6days a week and between myself and hubby we are run ragged. We earn around 70k a year but now we have twins I'm not sure that'll keep us afloat.

Multiple mummies... what help if any can i get? What am I entitled to... ive tried calling centrelink but they keep changing their answers..... any advice.

Please dont hate my slow replies but i thank anyone in advance for any info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a mum of twins but I do have 4 children in 5 years so understand the finances and trying to juggle everything.
    Few things you'll need to look at is who is looking after the twins while you are at work? If it's childcare perhaps look into a nanny or Au Pair or even family day care. They might not be as expensive as childcare.
    Have you also looked at how much money you would get from centrelink/family assistance if you didn't return to work or cut back your hours? I know for us, it wasn't worth it for me to return to work. The cost of before/after school care and childcare was going to be too costly. We are only entitled to family assistance but it was enough for me not to return to work.
    I do plan to return to work next year once DD4 is at school and only have to worry about after school care fees.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

katiana  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've gotten mixed results with centrelink. One lady even said I would only be entilted to 50$ per child... per fortnight. I cant see how that works but thats what she said. =(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a 4yr old a 3yr old and 1yr old twins.... we both work and its insane. ... but its gotta be done....take a deap breath... enjoy ure babies.... did centerlink mean 50 hours a week of childcare? ? We have our oldest 2 in childcare 2 days a week as we cant afford anymore...twins wont be going to childcare for awhile due to finances. Have u tried the website estimator online?? And as previously mentioned maybe not working would be better for u. Are the twins formula fed? If so u can get formula delivered at a cheaper price. . . Also maybe the multiple association can help with more info....and fb twin pages are a wealth of info. Where ive learned sooooo much on twin life. Maybe ask there??