Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    WT... you live on sugar then?!
    No... I just can't stomach plain water.

ETA: On dentists- I must be reading something wrong. I see one every 6 months, not always the same one or place. I go in, ask for an appt, come back for appt and pay fee. Never waited more than a few days.
    Last edited by DT75; 28-04-2016 at 10:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @DT75 I'm actually the same as you. plain water makes me gag. of I'm desperate then it has to be icy cold. tepid water is horrid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    @DT75 I'm actually the same as you. plain water makes me gag. of I'm desperate then it has to be icy cold. tepid water is horrid.
    I cannot even drink it then. Clearly not good for me, if it makes me vomit. And I don't mean like "ugh I cannot stand the taste". I mean 20+mins later a whole meal plus comes up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    No... I just can't stomach plain water.

ETA: On dentists- I must be reading something wrong. I see one every 6 months, not always the same one or place. I go in, ask for an appt, come back for appt and pay fee. Never waited more than a few days.
    The waiting list issue is around public dentists who are paid by the government (I think).

They are either free to see or have heavily discounted fees.

I've never seen one couldn't be sure. Although children in Qld are eligible for free dental care by dentists who visit schools. I've never sent my kids to see them because we go to a dentist who just bills our health insurance and I'm not out of pocket.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 28-04-2016 at 11:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Everything is the same as before, just a prettier face at the helm.
    I agree 100%. The powers that be haven't really changed.

My other theory is that as TA was so mind-blowingly awful that MT may be playing it safe by trying to fly under the radar and not create too many waves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    The waiting list issue is around public dentists who are paid by the government (I think).

They are either free to see or have heavily discounted fees.

I've never seen one couldn't be sure. Although children in Qld are eligible for free dental care by dentists who visit schools. I've never sent my kids to see them because we go to a dentist who just bills our health insurance and I'm not out of pocket.

Ah... ok so where are public dentists?

To me a public dentist, is where I go- i.e. you don't need private insurance, anyone can go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    You're not seeing the big picture. The campaign might not have made a big difference to yourself or others that were addicted to nicotine, but the next generation were not as susceptible to becoming addicted because (1) smoking wasn't cool or sexy anymore (2) smoking was anti social (3) smoking was likely to make you get cancer, rotting teeth, premature ageing, etc.

ETA - I was a smoker too, for many years from a very young age. So I know the struggles. I also know from my personal experience that all the above that I mentioned contributed to my decision to quit, well before I got married, had kids etc. once I couldn't smoke in cafes and bars anymore and all my friends decided not to do it, and I realised a lot of my health problems were due to my smoking, it was time to stop.
    Yeah, it was all of those factors that made me give up too. Well before getting duffed. I think the cost, the inconvenience and the constant hammering of the health implications turned the tide for me.

I thought Waleed Aly's assessment of the negative gearing policies was pretty persuading:-

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...27-goglur.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

To me a public dentist, is where I go- i.e. you don't need private insurance, anyone can go.
    Often attached to the public hospitals.

It's kind of like getting surgery:
    You can go through the public system - there's a waiting list and your wait time is determined by priority, it's free
    Or
    Opt to go private - you can get in much sooner, but you often have OOP expenses.
    Except adults need to have a Healthcare or pension card to access public dentists.

ETA it's practically impossible for an adult to get an appointment at the public dentist just to get a basic check up.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 28-04-2016 at 12:20.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

DT75  (28-04-2016),Nemmi1987  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Only 20% of dentists in NSW are public and I would imagine most of them would work out of hospitals or clinics. Some are mobile dentists.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

DT75  (28-04-2016)