+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    How about- "ya ok I don't know what is good for anyone other than myself/my family as I don't know another's situation/needs"

My child is 8 weeks, so no.

My step kids never would until recently when I started to add a slice of lemon to it.

EFS
    I don't know why you are being so aggressive! Jesus I certainly hit a nerve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I don't know why you are being so aggressive! Jesus I certainly hit a nerve.
    Sorry, how is explaining myself aggressive? I didn't use exclamation marks or any sort of 'aggressive' punctuation, or wording.

And, nope, no nerves hit here- just responding to a thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What tricks has the government got up its sleeve for the budget?

The child dental scheme will remain but it will be different.

You won't have $1000 per annum for your child's dental care. From what I've read, even things like braces will be included but you will no longer be able to choose your own dentist. You will have to go public. This means that people either won't bother to take their kids to the dentist because the wait lists are huge and will be even longer or people will pay for it themselves which is probably what they want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

You won't have $1000 per annum for your child's dental care. From what I've read, even things like braces will be included but you will no longer be able to choose your own dentist. You will have to go public. This means that people either won't bother to take their kids to the dentist because the wait lists are huge and will be even longer or people will pay for it themselves which is probably what they want.
    If the wait lists are so long then this means a lot of people are using the public system, doesn't it?
    I don't know much about the child dental scheme though, I'm curious to find out more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

Is there a wait list for a standard check up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully with a sugar tax in time there will be less pressure on the public dental system

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-04-2016),witherwings  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope but it is "your belief" that water is good for me- water makes me puke.
    WT... you live on sugar then?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The public dentist and orthodontist have very different wait list here. The dentist is almost 2 years the ortho is fairly quick about 6 mths from memory.

The dental surgeon about 3 mths after you seen the other 2.

I am so hoping with everything in me that things don't change between now and 2/3 years.
    We are starting (tomorrow) a 2 to 3 years project on dd2. The first surgery and the following braces will make her look worse until the last surgery and braces. So once the process starts it can't be stopped. It freaks me that it might be lost to the public system half way through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Hopefully with a sugar tax in time there will be less pressure on the public dental system
    And general health system. Obesity, heart disease, cancer..
    I'm honestly shocked that people are so defensive of something so fundamentally bad for you. It's like defending cigarettes 30 years ago.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-04-2016),Anjalee  (28-04-2016),babyno1onboard  (27-04-2016),LaDiDah  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What tricks has the government got up its sleeve for the budget?

Is there a wait list for a standard check up?
    No idea. I have never used them. I didn't even know everyone could access them.