+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default having baby always used to forula bottles at room temperature has anyone done this pl

Please can anyone tell me of experiences of always having baby formula bottles at room temperature so baby is always used to having these from the beginning of life for ease of travel. has anyone succeeded in doing this please.
    thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    We didn't start at room temp but moved to room temp in the first few months as that's what Bub preferred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep we've done this Dd has been on formula now for the last 2 months. Bottles have always been at room temperature. I've never had any issues with this & she's always taken to them easily. Makes it very easy when going out & about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    my bub will take it cold if it's not warmed up to room temp. like not icy but def a few degrees under room temp. there's no issue at all.

just be careful making up formula and leaving it at room temp. made up formula needs to be used within an hour of coming out of the fridge. so prob not a good idea to have it made up and at room temp for very long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same as TC, my son will pretty much take whatever unless it's straight from the fridge.

We did an overseas flight and got him used to room temp beforehand; he was fine.

Personally, I prefer to make them when the water is still warm, as I find the formula dissolves better. Then I'll leave them out of the feed is less than 3 hours away, or refrigerate them.

Travel was painful, but we did it. If you're flying, the air crew will generally warm your water (in the bottle) before you mix it. Takes some planning on the plane, since they aren't always available when you need them, but you'll manage.

How long is the trip?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, DD drinks it at room temperature. Much easier as I have the bottles filled with water and the formula in one of those dispenser things and therefore don't need to worry about it going off. Just mix when needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yup, DD drinks it at room temperature. Much easier as I have the bottles filled with water and the formula in one of those dispenser things and therefore don't need to worry about it going off. Just mix when needed
    This is exactly what I find easiest too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I did this from the start (well when we got home).. I boiled water and let it cool/just get warm on the bench and would add the formula when needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did in summer but for winter i used a small mini thermos and tipped out 30 ml of the colder water and added 30 ml of the hot water to make it nice and warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yep we did this too she was always fine having it at room temp too