+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Birth Story :)

Hey everyone!

I'm Ally and I'm 26 years old! My husband Dave and I have been together for 10 years (married for 1) and 6 months ago we had our first baby!

We conceived pretty quick, the third month after I had my IUD removed. It was a complete shock because we didn't think it would happen that quickly! So I ended up 12 weeks pregnant at our wedding haha. Oops!

My whole pregnancy was what some people call "the perfect" pregnancy. I had no morning sickness at all, but I was always tired and had a sore back.

My due date was Nov 3rd 2015, but I went into labour 4 days early!

At 5am on the morning of October 30th, I woke up to a bit of a stomach cramp, and then it went away. Kind of felt like period pain. I thought nothing of it and tried to go back to sleep. A few minutes later, another cramp. I waited about 15 minutes before I decided to start timing them and woke up hubby when they were consistently 3 and half minutes apart! At 530am, we called our midwife and she said it sounded like early labour and to run a bath and just relax and to call back in an hour with any updates. But I didn't want a bath, I just wanted to lay down.

By 6am, the pain was intense. And I mean intense! I have a fairly high pain tolerance but I couldn't tolerate this. I was feeling all the pain in my back, no where else! Hubby called the midwife again and she said to try the bath and see if it helps. Well, the bath didn't even get half full when I was on all fours screaming for hubby to take me to the hospital! We were very lucky that our hospital is 500m up the road! We got there in 2 minutes flat and in the time in took for us to get from the car to the maternity ward I'd had about 4 contractions.

We got put straight into a room and they ran a bath for me. By this stage I was yelling for an epidural. I couldn't handle the pain. They gave me sterile water injections in my back for the back pain and that worked so well! They checked me and I was 5cm dilated already and they were shocked at how fast it was happening for my first baby!

They started me on gas at around 7am. It didn't feel like it, but I was in the bath for 1.5 hours! And contractions were still 3 and half minutes apart lasting for 1 minute each time.

At 830 I said I felt like I wanted to push so they got me on the bed and I was kneeling on the bed and hanging my arms over the back of it, if that makes sense.

I pushed about 4 times and our baby girl came into the world still in the sac! The midwives burst it and I heard our little girls first cry! It's still such a surreal feeling because I was as high as a kite but I'll never forget it!

At 8.55am, Isla Rae came into the world at a tiny 2.5kgs. We stayed in hospital for 6 hours and were back home by 330pm!

They aren't sure why she was so little, she wasn't prem and was (and still is) perfectly healthy. They think it's just because I'm small (5 foot 3, and hubby is 6 foot 5!).

She is now 6 months old and we can't imagine our lives without her! I'll never forget my birth experience and I think about it every single day!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daveallyisla For This Useful Post:

1st timemama  (26-04-2016),JustJaq  (05-05-2016),Mamasupial  (27-04-2016),misskittyfantastico  (26-04-2016),preggasaurus  (27-04-2016),smallpotatoes  (06-05-2016),sunnygirl79  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow- sounds like a wonderful birth! Pretty rare and special for baby to be born in the caul! Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    Wow- sounds like a wonderful birth! Pretty rare and special for baby to be born in the caul! Congratulations!
    Thank you! And yes, I've heard that it's rare and considered to be lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What an amazing experience. I have a friend that has had an in the caul birth, very cool.

Lucky you live close to the hospital, I imagine you'll be camped there with you second pregnancy. It might be done and baby out in the blink of an eye!
    Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter