+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    I'm so sorry you went through that I think the damage it causes is incredible- I always thought once I broke in and got my first job my confidence would grow, but the exact opposite has happened, unfortunately. Do you have a better job now?

The problem is I need to work to live so I can't just run away from this as much as I wish I could. I do think I need counselling- I didn't until I've been applying again- it's making me realise the extent this has hurt me you're right- you don't just recover from these things..
    I'm considering my options regarding my career. We made the decision after all that happened to have another baby. That then turned into almost two years of recurrent pregnancy loss. Once that resolves, in whatever way it does, I think I'm going to work for myself. I don't want to ever rely on someone else for my income again. I'm lucky in the way that I had years of work in my field before it all fell apart so I've got to find my knowledge gaps and fill them.

Counselling may help you. What you've been through is actually no small thing, particularly when you've been out of the workforce for a while.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    I'm considering my options regarding my career. We made the decision after all that happened to have another baby. That then turned into almost two years of recurrent pregnancy loss. Once that resolves, in whatever way it does, I think I'm going to work for myself. I don't want to ever rely on someone else for my income again. I'm lucky in the way that I had years of work in my field before it all fell apart so I've got to find my knowledge gaps and fill them.

Counselling may help you. What you've been through is actually no small thing, particularly when you've been out of the workforce for a while.
    Working solo is the dream- I've always wanted to publish on Amazon and/or do something from home I hope you do well with it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow - she sounds like a bully!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like she was threatened by you. You were most likely showing more dedication than her and she wanted to push you out.

My confidence has taken a bit of a beating, too. I second guess myself all the time now, when 6 years ago...before I left a job I shouldn't have, I felt like I was great at what I did. Two places later, I struggle to feel like I do good enough.

You were good at your job. That's why she treated you like sh*t. Everyone makes mistakes when they start. I hope you can feel a bit better about yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Thank you 😊

It's really sad that so many well-intentioned workers end up being treated so badly- what ever happened to team support and working together..

I've been applying around more- my goal is 1-2 applications a day plus I'm leaving my comfort zone a little and following up with a couple phone calls/emails here and there.

My anxiety is very high- my chest always feels tight when I think about it and I get that metallic taste in my mouth all day.

Then the circular thoughts swarm my mind and I find myself forgetting what I'm doing and drifting when people are talking to me. But I'm trying some calming techniques and to just keep on going. One I applied for today sounded right up my alley- with any luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I totally get you. I resigned from my position after 13 years. I was over it anyway and needed a change but some bullying started happening and I quit abruptly. Since then it's been so hard. A government freeze state wide in medical means nurses jobs are hard to come by. I am with an agency but not getting stacks of work. They have sent me to one place I enjoy and I am getting majority of shifts there. The day I started I had a migraine , severe neck pain and anxiety so bad I was nauseas and felt severely uptight all day. How I made it through I don't know. I am frightened of coming across nasty people, getting asked to do something I don't know how to do , so many things. I'm applying for lots of perm jobs so I just have to leRn the one job. I was sent to a new place this week and ring up and said I was sick because I just couldt not go. Was vomiting etc. so yeah it sucks. My friend wants me to go work in her work, a GP surgery. I said I would do it but I'm scared, it's only for a few shifts.

Your co worker. What a total nasty cow. You did nothing wrong. And you aren't stupid. You were NOT given an appropriate learning environment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Hey sunny flower-

I think wherever you go there are nasty people- unfortunately- but I feel if I have at least a degree of separation from them and can do my work without them I could probably manage it- unfortunately it was my direct co-worker/trainer supervisor- I still needed her for questions- I was struggling somewhat with some of the accounts side of things mostly- in my defence I think accounts are so specific it's not like you can just wing it- you need to know what you're doing

God after 13 years I don't blame you for being uncomfortable! I think when you're a more timid/friendly "yes" person you're much easier targeted as people's beating posts this was me to a T- can't handle confrontation and always try instead to please everyone- the moment I would try to address things with this woman- she would just give me a "**** you" look or cut me off to argue/ tell me I'm the one at fault and I'd be tearing up- then she would turn that on me- "carrying on crying" ect and I would apologise and feel like j was wrong! I hope this GP clinic is a breath of fresh air for you! I hope I can find something soon that isn't horrible and I can learn quickly too- thanks for your reply lovely 😊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I have actually thought things to myself like- I'm not going to be friendly to anyone- I'll be robotic and focus solely on the work, that way no-one can exclude me or put me down. But that's probably a fairly irrational thought :/