Still not walking... | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I'm kinda shocked the op mentioned that on another forum that all the other babies are walking before 12 months (actually more like 10 months)?!?
    I call bull****. Sounds like a bit of my baby is more advanced than yours syndrome.
    Any walking before 12 months is considered "early".
    Time to stick to bubhub or a more realistic forum.
    Okay, wow :/ I'm sorry if I've upset anyone with my [stupid] question..
    This post wasn't even meant to sound like 'my baby is more advanced than yours syndrome', I was just curious to know if there were any other babies born around the same time that aren't quite at the walking stage yet. I'm not worried at all, I'd much rather she took her time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Still not walking...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstar View Post
    Okay, wow :/ I'm sorry if I've upset anyone with my [stupid] question..
    This post wasn't even meant to sound like 'my baby is more advanced than yours syndrome', I was just curious to know if there were any other babies born around the same time that aren't quite at the walking stage yet. I'm not worried at all, I'd much rather she took her time!
    I meant no offence to you, more so how everyone else seemed to have babies walking at 10ish months, it really is uncommon. I'm not saying it's not true, but highly suspicious of exaggeration.
    It just makes me wonder if all those babies will be doing advanced fractions by 3
    Not stupid at all but just be mindful when comparing your babies that some people talk a load of crap and make you question yourself needlessly.

Eta: the reference to my baby is more advanced than yours was directed not at you but the other posters on your forum you are referring to
    Have a nice day

Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 27-04-2016 at 08:41.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Mickstar  (27-04-2016),VicPark  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe they actually mean cruising (walking along holding furniture, etc) rather than unaided walking. I think cruising at 10 months is fairly common (but nothing to be alarmed about if not achieved yet).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends dd who.is a 1 so younger then my dd was walking at 9 months when my dd wasn't even crawling. She had a big sister to chase though and I'm glad I didn't have to deal with it that early. My mum had me running and climbing at 9 months on top of a toddler I do hope that's not me next yr I'm happy to wait.more months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a June baby and he's started cruising along furniture which I think is fantastic at that age, I agree that I think the rest of the mummies in the forum you are on are talking bull. My ds1 was 15 months when he started walking and in my mothers group of 8 I think only 1 baby was properly walking unaided at 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah, lost my response😠

Bear in mind also that taking 'steps' and 'walking' are very different. They don't just stand up and start walking all day every day. Both mine were early, dd took her first steps just shy of 10mths but I didn't consider it true walking. It was a good 4-6wks for both of them between those 1st wobbly tentative 'steps' to being able to walk between point a and b without resorting to crawling as a more efficient means

I was the parent who I'm sure everyone thought was exaggerating until they saw for their own eyes. Unless you actually see babies the same age up on 2 feet, take it with a grain of salt and enjoy your baby being small and dependant on you a little longer

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my three oldest took first steps at around 11months 12 months, but were not walking until 13 or 14 months. my youngest stood up and walked at 9 months. he was running two weeks later. his first steps were walking right around the room. everyone is different. marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was only just commando crawling at 10 months. Walked at 17 months.
    In fact out of my mothers group of about 15, only 3 were walking at 1 year old.
    Go see your child health nurse and get a referral to the physio (all free through community health) if you're concerned, but I guarantee you they will say don't worry until 18 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a June bub and he's cruising, but nowhere near walking. My first started walking at 13 months, and there was only one bub in my mums group (of 7) walking at 12 months.

Apparently I walked at 10 months, and my niece did...but I don't know any other bubs who have. There's a wide range of normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my babies walked early (11 months for ds, 9 months for dd) and they were definitely exceptions rather than the rule among babies of the same age. Definitely not time to worry yet.