For children that are out of cots, but still young enough to be a danger to themselves and others when unsupervised.
Here's our situation:
- Can't leave the bedroom door open at night because he might escape.
- Would rather not close and lock the bedroom door while we sleep, because inadequate ventilation, it gets uncomfortably stuffy with the door shut.
- Need to be able to close the door for when one person is sleeping in there but the others are up and being noisy.
- Can't attach a baby gate as we're in a rental. It would have to be one of the pressure mounted gates, but that would block the door from ever being closed.
- We've generally babyproofed pretty well but the kitchen is open plan and I'm not sure we could make it fully toddler safe.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions that I haven't thought of?
Currently we're barricading the door with furniture every night but that isn't a good long term solution