+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I just choked on my coffee!! Phwoa!
    I think that price is to entice you to buy a package where you get much more value for money.

Totally agree that is insane for a USB with pictures. Although, we paid about double that for our wedding pictures, and only got the digitals... (Not with KS)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used an amazing photographer who had just started doing newborns, she charges through the roof now but her images were amazing & I got them all for free for help building her folio. I actually found her on here 4.5 years ago. Might be worth seeing if there's someone around like that? I am still so happy with my images.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lulupetal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holy moly! I am in a different state. I paid $650 total ($100 booking fee) & $550 for 20 images. I'm getting the 20 images in high res so I can print the ones to go on the wall etc & she keeps all images so if you ever want more you can purchase later...she also had the option of a 6 week payment plan so you could pay it off (interest & fee free).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cant wait to be a mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default maternity/newborn shoots

Personally I regretted getting professional family photos when dd1 was a newborn- the reason being she still was all wrinkly and funny looking- she looks nothing like the dd1 I know and love, all the facial features have changed and I was still bloated from pregnancy.
    If I were to do it again I would wait until around the 4-6 month mark, they are just so cute at that age, can focus and smile and actually look more like themselves iykwim?
    But that's just me and my opinion.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 26-04-2016 at 12:25.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I didn't find her high pressure, maybe because I wanted EVERYTHING! She prices per item, or you can buy a package. We bought a package, and then added the USB with all the pictures. Her actual booking fee is only $160, its the prints etc where you get killed.

I'll see if I can dig up her pricing and PM it to you if I can find it.

Update: USB alone was $2300...
    I looked on her website and thought the USB was $990. $2300 is a lot but it's what a decent photog charges. dh has a photog friend whose day rate is $9k so $2300 for 1-2hours of images probably isn't that crazy. it's a lot of coin I agree but if the work is good then I can see the cost is justified.

need to talk to dh as its hinging on him really. id be happy to do it but he's very picky with this kind of thing. honestly I reckon ds will be about 12 by the time I can get dh on board and agreed on a photographer 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we paid about $3k for our wedding photographer and dh had to convince her to give us all the raw files as part of the deal, which she finally agreed to. sadly she wasn't very good and I'm not thrilled with what we got. even the better ones are just ok in my opinion. maybe I was expecting the earth or maybe I just didn't look that nice on the day (entirely possible lol) but the images were just a good average. this was all overseas so it wasn't possible to meet with her beforehand. we had zero rapport and I found she put me off a lot. choosing photographers is hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant wait to be a mummy View Post
    Holy moly! I am in a different state. I paid $650 total ($100 booking fee) & $550 for 20 images. I'm getting the 20 images in high res so I can print the ones to go on the wall etc & she keeps all images so if you ever want more you can purchase later...she also had the option of a 6 week payment plan so you could pay it off (interest & fee free).
    We've booked in some family shots when DS is a year, and are paying about that.

This was a super splurge, and we had just sold our house so had cash to burn. (Not really, but it felt like it!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did newborn photos and I love them, there is something so adorable about a little baby in a cute hat in a basket to me haha. We paid about $900 including all photos in a gallery for us to print on our own with recommendations on which printer go to through.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used inspired images by Sarah
    She is based in ivanhoe but will come out to your home/location of its suits you (different cost involved)
    She was $750 for 20-30 edited images on usb and a couple of printed.

Can check out her stuff on Facebook.

She was great. She did a family photo shoot for some friends of mine too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby buddha photography and the garage studios are both in the west and I love their style - not as expensive as KC

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post: