+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default maternity/newborn shoots

did you do one (either or both)? were you pleased with the results? was it worth the $$ ?

we've done neither with our ds and I'm wondering whether we should've? he's 9 weeks old on Thursday so hardly qualifies as newborn but I'm thinking maybe some "new family" pics would be nice perhaps. we have a ton of pics of him but very few of the 3 of us that are actually nice.

dh is always a bit against professional photo shoots so it'll be hard to convince him.

if anyone has any recommendations for photographers they used and loved in Melb? would be good to start researching and get the ball rolling.

thanks! ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We did newborn photos. There's so many newborn photographers out there it was hard to choose. We ended up going with someone that a few friends and work colleagues used.
    Where abouts in melbourne are you? I'm northern suburbs can can PM who we used

For us it was worth it as the photos are gorgeous and I could never myself take pics like that. I paid $350 or $450 (can't remember now) for 20 pics on usb and 3 printed and 2 hours photoshoot
    We used the photos for Xmas cards, thank you cards and the christening invitations.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevapa View Post
    We did newborn photos. There's so many newborn photographers out there it was hard to choose. We ended up going with someone that a few friends and work colleagues used.
    Where abouts in melbourne are you? I'm northern suburbs can can PM who we used

For us it was worth it as the photos are gorgeous and I could never myself take pics like that. I paid $350 or $450 (can't remember now) for 20 pics on usb and 3 printed and 2 hours photoshoot
    We used the photos for Xmas cards, thank you cards and the christening invitations.
    I'm inner west.

what puts my dh off is that you don't get the images on USB, you have to order prints. he's a designer and has his own printing preferences and can get things printed much cheaper so bawks at the idea of paying someone else to do what he can source at a better rate.

I'd also like to have images on USB as it means you can use them electronically and I don't just want a couple of framed photos to lob up on the walls at home.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default maternity/newborn shoots

We spent a small fortune (like a mortgage payment) on Kri$tin C00k but it was worth every penny. She is amazing.

She considers newborns under 2 weeks so her baby / child rates may be different.

Edit: I think you can buy the USB, we did, but not sure if as a single item.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    We spent a small fortune (like a mortgage payment) on Kri$tin C00k but it was worth every penny. She is amazing.

She considers newborns under 2 weeks so her baby / child rates may be different.

Edit: I think you can buy the USB, we did, but not sure if as a single item.
    just looked at her website, thanks! her work is beautiful, definitely not cheap but the price reflects her skill from what I can see of her online folio.

plus she's based in the west. might have to talk to dh and see what his thoughts are 👍🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    just looked at her website, thanks! her work is beautiful, definitely not cheap but the price reflects her skill from what I can see of her online folio.

plus she's based in the west. might have to talk to dh and see what his thoughts are 👍🏻
    We used Kristen for DS1. Agree absolutely amazeballs but you pay through the roof. And has a high pressure selling style (ie here is your preview, pick which ones you want today, the rest will be destroyed). Of course you want them all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    We used Kristen for DS1. Agree absolutely amazeballs but you pay through the roof. And has a high pressure selling style (ie here is your preview, pick which ones you want today, the rest will be destroyed). Of course you want them all.
    I didn't find her high pressure, maybe because I wanted EVERYTHING! She prices per item, or you can buy a package. We bought a package, and then added the USB with all the pictures. Her actual booking fee is only $160, its the prints etc where you get killed.

I'll see if I can dig up her pricing and PM it to you if I can find it.

Update: USB alone was $2300...
    Last edited by ilex; 26-04-2016 at 10:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find her high pressure, maybe because I wanted EVERYTHING! She prices per item, or you can buy a package. We bought a package, and then added the USB with all the pictures. Her actual booking fee is only $160, its the prints etc where you get killed.

We used her 4 years ago so she may well have changed her selling style. For us it wasn't financially possible to buy everything. And as such I left left regretting our choice as we could only get 5 digitalis with our package (which was already over $2K). I wish I could have gone back later and purchased individual images that we couldn't afford at the time.

I did really like her though. That was just my experience. DH thought it was daylight robbery, lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (26-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    We used her 4 years ago so she may well have changed her selling style. For us it wasn't financially possible to buy everything. And as such I left left regretting our choice as we could only get 5 digitalis with our package (which was already over $2K). I wish I could have gone back later and purchased individual images that we couldn't afford at the time.

I did really like her though. That was just my experience. DH thought it was daylight robbery, lol.
    DH felt the same, but he was happy with what we got. (And I think he decided not to argue with his post natal hormonal wife, lol.)

We got the mid package, and added the digitals. I really wanted them for some reason... I've used a few of them, but I probably could have lived with the 10 which were included.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Update: USB alone was $2300...
    I just choked on my coffee!! Phwoa!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post: