Can't keep going | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't keep going

Why do I hate going to bed every night. I dread to think what little sleep I will get having to get up to the kids why DH snores away and gets a full night sleep.

I work 2 jobs, study, look after the kids and try to keep the house clean.

How am I suppose to function as an adult on 4 hours sleep and then go to work all day, come home and look after the kids and then do housework and study when they are in bed?

I can't keep doing this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Can't keep going

Why isn't your husband helping/sharing the load?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why. He just doesn't. If I try to wake him, it takes forever and he grumbles a bout it ans the kids are hysterical by the time he gets to them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. I am not working and struggling on 2-3 hours sleep a night with 2 kids - and my hubby does all the cleaning. Can totally understand your resentment! I would be furious.

Don't know your situation OP but can you hire help? A cleaner etc? Tell your DH it's either he clean or pay for a cleaner, you can't be doing that working 2 jobs and looking after young children. Especially if you're not getting sleep.

Not much advice sorry just wanted to offer a hug. You are right you can't survive on 4 hrs sleep indefinitely. Less than 5 is a recipe for depression. Your DH needs a good kick up the bum by the sound of it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already have PND and PNA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poida84 View Post
    I already have PND and PNA
    Are you being treated? Can you possibly defer your study until you're in a better head space to cope? Sorry I don't know what else to suggest. You need to look after yourself as a priority.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He only helps out 'when he feels up to it' as he has the kids during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Are you being treated? Can you possibly defer your study until you're in a better head space to cope? Sorry I don't know what else to suggest. You need to look after yourself as a priority.
    I am on meds but don't have the time or money to see a psychologist

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on meds but don't have the time or money to see a psychologist
    Something has to give. You need help. I'm so sorry for the way you are not coping but trying to do too much isn't helping your situation. If your doctor puts you on a mental health plan you can have up to 8 sessions covered. I'd defer the study if you can. The extra money will help and will also not leave you feeling mentally exhausted. You are no good to your children unless you put yourself first even a little.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-04-2016),VicPark  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't know why. He just doesn't. If I try to wake him, it takes forever and he grumbles a bout it ans the kids are hysterical by the time he gets to them
    Why doesn't he clean the house?