+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I'm hoping that the timing was the issue and she continues to do this! She gone down for her morning nap (self settled again, yay!) at 930 and is currently still asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Woo hoo! If you think it is the timing, try waking her at the same time each day (if she's not already awake) to re-set her body clock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea, thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good news - great to see some minor tweaks on your part may have helped bub sleep a little easier. Nothing wrong with a little tweaking (not to be confused with twerking!).

Good luck for tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Please help!! Advice needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Eta- I also don't like to think my kids need fixing. In my head, their sleeping patterns are part of their personality and I need to respect that.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this - an interesting perspective that helps explain where you are coming from.

For the most part I don't tend to view a child's sleeping patterns as a part of their personality. I tend to view sleeping patterns as mostly being a product of the child's environment (routine, temperature, settling method, solids) that a parent can *mostly* (but not always) control. The same as if a kid has a bad cold - it's not a sign of disrespect to tweak things - tailor the child's diet , use a vapouriser in their room, add an extra blanket at bed time, or seek medical assistance. I don't see it so much as fixing my child - rather giving a helping hand where help is needed to ensure their health and happiness. If I get a good nights sleep at the same time/my happiness is protected then although that's not the main goal it's an awesome added bonus. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again for sharing.
    Last edited by VicPark; 27-04-2016 at 06:41.