+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What times are bubs day naps if bedtime is at 7:30?

I would personally ditch the dummy and replace it with a cloth comforter. Dummies can be notorious for affecting bubs ability to self settle and causing night waking - especially if they are still around when the 4 month sleep regression hits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by daveallyisla View Post
    I'm happy to ride it out but I do want her to sleep better at night!
    If you want bub to sleep better at night there is no reason why you need to accept the night wakings and ride it out. If bub is established on solids, room temp and bedding is consistently appropriate, and medical issues have been ruled out .... Then chances are the make up of day sleeps and how bub is put to sleep/resettled are key contributors to the night waking. It's not always easy by any means (process of elimination itself can take time) however if you want the night wakings to end sooner rather than later theres a good chance that's an obtainable goal. Feel free to PM me if you need a hand or want to swap ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She normally has a nap in the morning between 830-930am, then another one between 12-1 and then an afternoon nap around 3-4 but she doesn't always fall asleep at these times, give or take half an hour for each nap!

I don't want her to always have the dummy but at the moment it soothes her so well, but I'm going to start ditching it for day naps and see how we go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    . It's too early imo to worry about habits.
    IMO 6 months is too late to start worrying. If habits parents don't want to sustain (and yes that will differ for each person) aren't ditched by the 4 month sleep regression then there's a greater chance they will become entrenched. Habits are much harder to break the older bub gets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's having solids 2-3 times a day, followed by a few sips of water along with breastfeeding throughout the day, room temp is fine, bedding is fine, she has a nightlight also.

We resettle her by rubbing her chest and shushing her, we avoid picking her up and rocking her unless she is absolutely hysterical

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even with feeding her solids she just always seems hungry to me. She only breastfeeds for max 10 minutes and then she doesn't want anymore but then wants food again an hour or so later. The wonder weeks app says that during this growth spurt she will eat less, but more often, and sleep less so I'm really hoping this is the case and it's not my milk supply or anything else. I'm so stressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Please help!! Advice needed...

Even with feeding her solids she just always seems hungry to me. She only breastfeeds for max 10 minutes and then she doesn't want anymore but then wants food again an hour or so later. The wonder weeks app says that during this growth spurt she will eat less, but more often, and sleep less so I'm really hoping this is the case and it's not my milk supply or anything else. I'm so stressed
    What is bub having for solids? How much? And at what times in relation to BF? At 6 months unless bub is consistently on 3 x solids per day including protein and carb bub may very well be waking from hunger.
    Last edited by VicPark; 25-04-2016 at 13:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    She normally has a nap in the morning between 830-930am, then another one between 12-1 and then an afternoon nap around 3-4 but she doesn't always fall asleep at these times, give or take half an hour for each nap!

I don't want her to always have the dummy but at the moment it soothes her so well, but I'm going to start ditching it for day naps and see how we go!
    At 6 months I would look into ditching the third nap. It's possible that with a third nap bub isn't tired enough to sleep solidly at night.This may mean there is a need for greater consistency with the other two day naps though (it's a fine line between not tired enough and over tired).

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's got puréed fruit (normally apple and pear) for breakfast and puréed veg (we alternate between carrot & sweet potato and cauliflower and broccoli) for lunch and dinner.

We stopped for a while about a month ago because she got badly constipated but she's not anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    At 6 months I would look into ditching the third nap. It's possible that with a third nap bub isn't tired enough to sleep solidly at night.This may mean there is a need for greater consistency with the other two day naps though (it's a fine line between not tired enough and over tired).
    Even if she only sleeps no longer than an hour each nap?