+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default retroverted uterus :-(

Wanting to see how many others have had issues with retroverted uterus. When I had my last son I had no complications or issues what so ever so so far this pregnancy is really taking its toll and I'm only 13 weeks 😒. I went into emergency with a suspected uti it was right but I also had another infection which I figured due to the bowel issues I was also having. Was put on anti biotics but as soon as I came off them the issue was gone. Then it came back (So I thought) so back up to the hospital I go.... No more infections the issue is my uterus and where the baby is sitting so because of this I'm having a terrible time going to the bathroom no matter what it is for.
    Just wondering if anyone experienced this please and what you did you try help your bubba get moving into a better spot. The doctor told me it will just take time but I'm worried about space not time as it's really starting to hurt. Explains the no show of the bump.
    Last edited by 2ndchancesuprise; 25-04-2016 at 07:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a retroverted uterus, but it didn't cause problems in any of my pregnancies. The only issue I had was that it made early scans slightly trickier. I hope you get answers soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a retroverted uterus, am only 12 weeks but OB has said its nothing to be worried about. I don't remember it being mentioned in my first pregnancy. Do you have an OB or midwife you can discuss this with? Sounds like the ER doc left you with more Qs than As.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my regular doctors appointment Thursday that looks after me just try to get past it until then.
    It most certainly wasn't a problem with my last baby at all so don't know why this time. I have read a few things on other forums from women in the same position but there answers are from 3 -4 years ago so don't really want to pm them hahaha
    I am a lot older but also better health wise then I was with the last one so was hopeful it would be smooth sailing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a retroverted uterus and similarly to previous posters it didn't cause any issues for me other than harder to see on early dating scans.

I thought I was told that once the baby reaches a certain gestation (16 weeks? I think? Could be earlier) it doesn't matter as its higher up and tilts forward naturally. Perhaps a few more weeks you will get relief. I think there are supposed to be some exercises/poses you can do to help relieve that discomfort in the meantime.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (25-04-2016)