+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    Thanks ladies, I am hoping I will be able to ttc straight away!

Has anybody had the surgery for a reason other than a mmc? I have had two miscarriages now that have passed naturally bug they are suggesting I have a d & c to ensure everything is out and to 'restart' everything if that makes sense.
    My D&C was for a missed miscarriage. I am surprised they would do one if a scan is not showing retained product and you don't have symptoms of this. There is the risk of asherman's syndrome with any D&C.

My mum needed a D&C because her uterine lining started growing unevenly during pre-menopause. Again this was something diagnosed via ultrasound and had symptoms (ongoing bleeding).

My first child and my first angel were both conceived first try. After the D&C I bled for 10 weeks, waited 2 cycles then it took a further 4 cycles to fall again. I wasn't made aware of asherman's before my D&C but was very worried I had developed it. My second pregnancy didn't proceed well (slow rising levels, slow growth and constant bleeding) and I miscarried at 9 weeks.

We TTC straight away and conceived our son after 4 cycles. I personally felt like the natural miscarriage did a better job of 'resetting' than the D&C but that is just based on my experience.

If I had another MMC I would see if I could have a hysteroscopy, then they are not going in blind like they do with a D&C.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Has anybody had the surgery for a reason other than a mmc? I have had two miscarriages now that have passed naturally bug they are suggesting I have a d & c to ensure everything is out and to 'restart' everything if that makes sense.
    Hey hun. My Gyno was actually going to recommend I get a D&C to clean it all out and give my body a chance to build a completely fresh lining. I did a bit of research and found that a few people had success with successful pregnancies following a "clean out".
    I fell pregnant that cycle so didn't end up having the D&C, but had I not have fallen pregnant I would have had the D&C done.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Em9  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    My D&C was for a missed miscarriage. I am surprised they would do one if a scan is not showing retained product and you don't have symptoms of this. There is the risk of asherman's syndrome with any D&C.

My mum needed a D&C because her uterine lining started growing unevenly during pre-menopause. Again this was something diagnosed via ultrasound and had symptoms (ongoing bleeding).

My first child and my first angel were both conceived first try. After the D&C I bled for 10 weeks, waited 2 cycles then it took a further 4 cycles to fall again. I wasn't made aware of asherman's before my D&C but was very worried I had developed it. My second pregnancy didn't proceed well (slow rising levels, slow growth and constant bleeding) and I miscarried at 9 weeks.

We TTC straight away and conceived our son after 4 cycles. I personally felt like the natural miscarriage did a better job of 'resetting' than the D&C but that is just based on my experience.

If I had another MMC I would see if I could have a hysteroscopy, then they are not going in blind like they do with a D&C.
    My GP was happy for me to try again after my first natural miscarriage. I didn't have so ultrasound after, just bloods to ensure they went right down. We conceived first go after waiting 2 cycles and that is the miscarriage I am finishing now.
    The GP suggested that since it's my second natural miscarriage that a
    D &C might help things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your losses I hope you have loving support.
    I had a d and c for a missed miscarriage.
    I ended up bleeding too much, though I am prone to.
    I had to stay in overnight for obs. I had a fair bit of cramping after but since it was my 6th pregnancy that would be expected.
    It all went fine apart from that. I had a bit of cervical cramping with shooting pains for a few days afterward but since I had given birth
    5 times before I think things are more sensitive?
    I think it did help clear things up because my periods became lighter after and I felt pretty good. My period came back 29 days after the procedure but I bled for about 10 days on and off after it.
    I got pregnant on about the 3rd cycle afterward, wasn't trying to.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have had one as part of the surgery for primary post partum haemhorrage and am one of the unfortunate people who ended up with Ashermans syndrome and can no longer fall pregnant/ carry baby. i did have other risk factors for developing Ashermans (eg c/s, PPH, b-lynch suture).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a d&c for mmc last year. Took 8 weeks for AF to return, I took two cycles off before doing another IVF transfer (Chem). I was pg with DD the month after.

My FS said there is a bump in fertility in the months after a D&C , with an effect much like an endometrial scratch. Maybe that's what they meant about restarting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had 3 dncs and the recovery has been fine for all with very little bleeding and my period returned pretty much on schedule 4 weeks later each time. My most recent dnc was in sept last year, we waited 1 month to try again and i concieved on the 3rd month with this pregnancy. Big hugs op!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one December. Had a massive bleed/ period Jan. Tried FET in April my lining was too thin so trying again this month. Not sure if the thin lining is related to the d and c but odds are yes as never had lining issues in the past .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all of your replies. After seeing my OB today she advised not to get a D&C as passing the baby naturally is less invasive, and I have already done this. Fingers crossed for a sticky healthy Bub next time!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (27-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. I am really worried after reading about Ashermans, I was told only of thr 1 in 1000 chance of uterine perforation and "rare" chance of damage but the stats in the thread here are really high

I had a D and C 10 days ago. First pregnancy at age 28. I was meant to be at 13.5 weeks but scanning at 12 weeks and had beed bleeding for 12 days before the procedure after passing a large gush of liquid and large warm mass (they werent sure what it was)

I am still having a small amount of brown bleeding from the D and C. I didn't have any period type cramps at all apart from the day of surgery and some soreness. I was constipated for a few days and then went super bloated and was having numerous small bowel movements each day that hurt my front lower abdomen a little to push out. I've also had some mild and only occasional but stabbing shooting pains in my lower abdomen at the sides near where I think my ovariea might be but mostly on the left side. Then to walk sometimes it feels like its pulling there a bit. Not severe enough for panadol but getting me really worried I was damaged or over scraped are these feelings normal? Did anyone else have them and then recovered normally?