+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wwyd

Before I launch into my WWYD , please dont respond if you are going to me negative or judge me..

I am married and im not happy- i know i have posted threads in the past about this and about leaving him and i really want to but im too scared to because so many people will get hurt by my decision- My FIL , my parents who think of H as their son and of course H. He thinks theres nothing wrong with out marriage but to me there is. Im so unhappy and so sick of feeling this way. We are more like housemates than partners and its hard..
    I can almost afford to leave if i share a house with someone. Im not earning enough yet to afford my own place.

My kids from my previous marriage have left home now and for the past 25 years I have always been married and a mum - I want to be single - i dont want to be tied to someone and now the kids dont need me like they did, i feel like im still trapped and i want to run...

so WWYD in my situation- stay out of a sense of loyalty to a man who has supported you through so much but you arent in love with anymore and you cant hurt parents and in laws

or

go and be happy and everyone else can deal with it themselves ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not enough time for a full response yet but I would want my Mum, my daughter, my daughter in law and myself to go and be happy!!! Everyone else will deal with it...and they will be fine.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (02-05-2016),Louise41  (24-04-2016)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What would you tell your daughter to do if she came to you with the same scenario?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-04-2016),BettyV  (24-04-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (27-04-2016),Louise41  (24-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read your other posts so don't know the back ground.
    1. Maybe talk to him first so it's not a shock to him if you do end up needing to go to make you happy
    2. Maybe you could go away somewhere for a while to give yourself an idea of what living by yourself will be like.
    3. Otherwise go be happy and don't worry about everyone else's reactions that is there problem not yours
    Anyway just my thought process good luck and go be happy with whatever you choose we certainly can't tell you what to do ☺
    Last edited by flowers21; 24-04-2016 at 08:04.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to flowers21 For This Useful Post:

Louise41  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go and be happy. My parents separated after 29 years of marriage and it was the best thing they ever did. Dad didn't want mum to leave but he is so much happier now and all the family have got over it. Dad is still a part of mum's family and comes to birthdays and Christmas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Louise41  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask why you're unhappy? Is he abusive in any way, or have you just grown apart / fallen out of love?

If the former, I don't think you owe him (or anyone else) $hit. Get out and get your happy on as soon as you can.

If the later, then I think it's only fair to have a talk with him about it, seek counselling to give him one last shot, etc. He may feel the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the responses.

If it was my daughter, i would tell her she needs to be happy and do what she needs to do.

Thank you for the comments

xx

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (24-04-2016),Busy-Bee  (02-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-04-2016),~Marigold~  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd leave. your heart's not in the marriage and life is too short to stay put.

you've also posted previously about disrespectful things he does to you so this would definitely add to the need to cut and run.

you get one life Louise, do it on your own terms. you've done the "right" thing and put everyone's needs above your own for so long and you're at this point, unhappy with your current situation.

of course people will be unhappy with your decision if you leave. I don't think anyone, ever, left a marriage and didn't upset a few people. but this isn't about what other people say or think. it's about you.

I sense your struggle is between keeping others happy and staying true to your own heart. I think you've ignored your heart's desires for so long and busied yourself with meeting the needs of others for so long, that you feel terrible if you were now to listen to what your heart wants as it likely means "letting everyone else down".

I think if/once you can overcome this way of thinking, which is really all that's keeping you put by the sounds of it, you'll be free to soar.

I think you need to stay true to you and if that means leaving, then I think that's what you need to do.

huge hugs, I know this is not an easy decision for you and I know you've struggled with this issue for some time. I hope you find a resolution to it and happiness xx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-04-2016),binnielici  (24-04-2016),SuperGranny  (26-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was me I would go. I would be absolutly terrified of the unknown, but sometimes you deserve to put yourself first.

Are you doing any counseling for just yourself? Perhaps they can help you make the first steps in going. Just knowing we have someone in our corner gives us that comfidence to things we are unsure of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Louise41 I have seen posts about your marriage on here before. You have tried so so so hard to make it work.

If you are not happy, you need to leave. You need to do it for you and your happiness. Marriage is not about staying due to an obligation - or because everyone else loves your partner.

It is not selfish or wrong to leave a marriage/relationship because you are not happy/do not love the other person.

Lots of luck with your decision. And lots of hugs. I know its probably one of the biggest and hardest decisions for you.

But I want you to remember that you deserve to be happy - even if that means leaving and being on your own. xx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-04-2016)