+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. DH is always grateful for the break and happy to be back with the kids. He seems refreshed.

I actually quite like it when he goes out because of the way he is when he comes back.

Sorry op but agree with others.. Not on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. Dh is usually extra helpful following a night out because he feels guilty that I never get out. That is after he wakes up at midday...

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Dh has a 'blow out' (a few drinks with his brother and father mostly)
    He will be more than helpful the next day because he knows he was a pita the night before he's not an angry/abnoxious person, just talks way too much and thinks he's funny when he's not haha. The next morning is about making up for that, and he knows it.
    I never get time away from kids and he tries his hardest the next morning to make me forget he was a twit the night before hahaha.
    In our opinion if we have kids, your life changes at that moment. If he wants to relive the glory days for an evening, he better be the best God damn dad there is the next day to make up for it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He yelled at an 8 week old baby? 😳 Or do you have an older child? Either way, that is completely not on. I'd be telling him he can't go anymore if he is going to come home with that attitude. He's a husband and father. He need to act like it. FAMILY comes first. Not booze and bro's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH doesn't do this, no. I would be incredibly upset if he carried on like that.

DH actually had a big night last night (he went to a concert and had drinks). He came home mid morning and was feeling a bit sick, but has been in a great mood and is happy to be home.

I would be speaking to him about this behaviour as I think it's childish and disrespectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am going against the grain here.

I would be angry and resentful if I had to get "permission" to go out, and also be told when to come home. And I know my dh would too.

I think it is important to get out every now and again and relax without the stress of family life. I understand you have a newborn but it's not like he goes out all the time is it?

I actively encourage dh to go out with his mates. It stops him from becoming resentful and depressed over time. If he needs to recover the next day that's fine, he can make it up to me later.

I don't think anyone has the right to say their partners haven't the right to enjoy a boys weekend every now and again, just as we can't have a girls night or visit friends. It's different if it was a frequent occurrence but I can't see why you have to stop having fun simply because you become a parent- if anything these occasions become more important with the need to de- stress.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (24-04-2016),VicPark  (24-04-2016),~Marigold~  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default moody husband after a boys night.

But he wasn't asking permission of the OP. He is able to go out from time to time but on this one occasion she asked that he not sleep over?

That's how I read it anyway.

I guess for us once we had our kids we lost the desire to have "sleep overs" at our friends places. I find that a bit odd that grown people do that to be honest but I guess if it saves money for taxis I understand.

I also don't get how letting off steam has to involve getting so drunk you can't drive?

Or being so resentful you shout at your kids because you're angry?

DH goes out fairly often to see bands and catch up with friends visiting from other states. I do the same. But with an 8 week old in the house? Not so much.
    Last edited by Sonja; 24-04-2016 at 13:51.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (24-04-2016),binnielici  (24-04-2016),Californication  (24-04-2016),LaDiDah  (24-04-2016),Sethysmum  (24-04-2016),Wise Enough  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I am going against the grain here.

I would be angry and resentful if I had to get "permission" to go out, and also be told when to come home. And I know my dh would too.

I think it is important to get out every now and again and relax without the stress of family life. I understand you have a newborn but it's not like he goes out all the time is it?

I actively encourage dh to go out with his mates. It stops him from becoming resentful and depressed over time. If he needs to recover the next day that's fine, he can make it up to me later.

I don't think anyone has the right to say their partners haven't the right to enjoy a boys weekend every now and again, just as we can't have a girls night or visit friends. It's different if it was a frequent occurrence but I can't see why you have to stop having fun simply because you become a parent- if anything these occasions become more important with the need to de- stress.
    I agree. If my DH has a big night (usually maybe 1-2 Christmas shows and once for the rest of the year he will nurse his hangover and I'm on kid duties and this is fine. If he was a grump the next day I would totally get that. I still mourn my old life (not getting ****ed though) and have moments where I have selfishly yelled at the kids. OP I would cut him a bit of slack. Still explain why you're upset, he needs to know, and as long as it's not a regular thing, move on from this and you can both learn about each others feelings around these situations in the future

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-04-2016),VicPark  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    just saw the bit where you said he yells at your ds. the baby is 8 weeks old. wtaf!?

yelling at anyone is not nice but yelling at a baby!?

sorry but I'd lock scum like that out if the house. let him go drink himself to death I say. what a fantastic dad he is. 🙄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our street is quite close knit and maybe once a week, to a fortnight hubby will go up the road for drinks around one of the blokes fire pits. He always helps me get the kiddos in bed first and makes sure I don't need anything before he walks up. Sleep overs aren't required as its like 10 houses away and he actually doesn't drink that much (maybe 2 or 3 beers over the course of a few hours). He never comes homes and goes off at the kids or anything. If he did I would pull him up on it. I don't get nights out but I suppose that's just me not being bothered more than anything.