moody husband after a boys night. | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default moody husband after a boys night.

DH occasionally goes out to mates house or a 'boys weekend away'. It's an only boys thing with alcohol (NOT a stripper/hookers type of even). He enjoys having drinks with his mates but when he comes home it's like he comes home angry that he has to come home to us.

After the last boys night out he has come home yelling at our son and implying that he could not make the most of it because I told him he could not stay over at mates house (meaning he could not get too drunk) We have a 8 weeks old baby so not a good time.

I think next time he wants to go I'll say Yes but you are not allowed to come home and act like this.

Any one else's hubby do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope he sounds extremely childish and selfish to me. I would do as you say and tell him to stay there and not come home till he is in a good mood

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, he doesn't do this at all. He comes back rejuvenated and energetic with the kids.

I would call him out on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    no. sorry to hear he's being such an as$. our bubs are the same age and I know I need my dh at home helping me. it's tough and you need your partner to share the load! he helped create bub, he now helps share the load at home.

honestly if my dh was doing this, there'd be massive conflict. you definitely need to confront him and ask why he's so resentful of his family responsibilities. like surely he knew it'd be like this? you can't just leave an 8 week old bub and expect to resume normal social activities. you're at home taking care of your baby, he should be supporting you in doing so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really, occasionally he'll be moody at having to get up with dd the next morning, but thems the rules. if you get a child free night out come rain, shine or hangover you're up the next morning! I don't engage if he's in that kinda mood, he'll generally get on with it and I'll leave him til he's feeling human 😜
    With a newborn, he wouldn't have gone out at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine goes out semi regularly and leaves me with the Kids. And then I do the exact same thing.

Leave bub with dad for bed/bath/bedlam time. Let him see what it's like.

I have no issues with dh going out. But then I'm an army wife and spend the majority of my parenting life solo. One more night isn't going to matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No DH doesn't do this. He comes home and says thanks for giving him a night out. We both take nights out occasionally. He's being very self centred and I think rather manipulative too OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope. Although he does get carried away sometimes and gets drunk - but he is always happy and does not take it out on us.

Do his friends also have kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might sound harsh but he needs to put his big boy pants on...

I think binge drinking is one of the worst things in Aussie social "culture". It's immature and unnecessary. I would not be supporting my DH boys weekend in the slightest. Then if he were to come home in a resentful state. Hell hath no fury... That might be extreme but I have alcoholism in the family and have been left absolutely devastated by actions of some.

I hope he can see some sense and focus on how lucky he is to have such a beautiful wife and family. Could it be a bit of peer pressure?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (24-04-2016),smallpotatoes  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No my DH does not, has not and would not act like that. He has lots of hobbies and catches up with mates that way, or goes away with mates for car racing things. It's very rare for him to go on a boys night out (maybe once a year). No way he'd come back resentful and grumpy. He would be thankful for the opportunity for a night off! Sounds quite immature tbh. I'd say I would head out for a few hours of baby free shipping but tbh wouldn't want to leave bub with someone who shouts at an 8 week old for ruining their drinking night 😳