+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    She wasn't as bad on the show this time. The last time she was on, she kept interrupting the other guests with funny (apparently) anecdotes and just came across as really rude and arrogant to the other guests who were all more famous than her!
    Matt LeBlanc didn't even try to hide his complete distaste!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    Now this I find shocking. Matt LeBlanc still gets tv interviews?!!!?!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (24-04-2016),Ngaiz  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The first time I saw her in a movie I thought she was ok as she was so different. But then I realised she acts the same way in every other movie. Not funny anymore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @CFM every time I see you pop up I think air compressors

What does CFM stand for besides air flow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

preggasaurus  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Prince died a few days ago and it warranted a couple of posts on here. Without a doubt one of the greatest musicians and guitarists who ever lived. Some guy from a movie about speeding cars drag racing each other died a few years ago and it got a 7 page thread of people crying about it.
    Generational differences? I'm 29 and can't name a single Prince song
    (Not than I can name the actor you're referring to either)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    She doesn't give a **** what others say. She can see the bigger picture in life and that doesn't involve women spending hours on end just to put themselves on a silver platter for men.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    As for her as a person, she lost appeal for me when she was caught out lying about her age. She also jokes about growing up in 'the ghetto', but she grew up in Cherrybrook in Sydney (a pretty nice/affluent suburb). I don't like phonies/liars.
    I'm a bit offended that she keeps referring to where she grew up as the "ghetto part of Sydney". I would never think to put Cherrybrook/Castle Hill and ghetto in the same sentence. Even if it was ghetto, that is so mean to the people who do live there.

I think she comes across as a bit of a try-hard. She got her break in the Fat Pizza TV series right? But she never acknowledges that (very rarely) or thanks them for giving her a start now that she has made it in Hollywood. She thinks she is better than them now that she's famous. I would like her more if she was more humble and grateful then being so up herself.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-04-2016),gingermillie  (24-04-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I think she has that 'big funny gal' persona like Melissa McCarthy which appeals to many.

I have found her to be funny in some roles she has played, but I've never seen Pitch Perfect.

As for her as a person, she lost appeal for me when she was caught out lying about her age. She also jokes about growing up in 'the ghetto', but she grew up in Cherrybrook in Sydney (a pretty nice/affluent suburb). I don't like phonies/liars.
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan before then, but that sealed the deal. I think her bogan act is just that. An act. No one is THAT Aussie! Or if they are, I've never met them!

My fav "big funny gals" are MM and Dawn French. Rebel would take lessons from both of them in how to actually be funny. And how to behave on a talk show. Dawn is fabulous when she's on Graham. Rebel? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I remember when on occasion she was on Thank God You're Here and she was hilarious. She was great in Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect.

As for Paul Walker dying I find it hard to swallow he had like a 16yo girlfriend 😟
    I know. I found the PW thing distasteful too. I don't care how nice a guy he apparently was, he was still twice her age and then some!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    I couldn't remember who she was on with, but knew she didn't go down well with the other guests. But I would have been pi$$ed too they way she kept butting in. And the toilet humour and nunchucks. 🙄🙄🙄.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Now this I find shocking. Matt LeBlanc still gets tv interviews?!!!?!
    He still has a hit show! Episodes. It's hilarious. He's playing a hyped up version of himself. I love it.

I'm still a bit devastated by Prince. And Bowie. I didn't say anything on here, but I'm still shocked both are gone. Wouldn't call myself their biggest fans, but liked some of their music and it's a massive loss. I don't think we will ever see performers like them again 😪😪

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    I'm a bit offended that she keeps referring to where she grew up as the "ghetto part of Sydney". I would never think to put Cherrybrook/Castle Hill and ghetto in the same sentence. Even if it was ghetto, that is so mean to the people who do live there.

I think she comes across as a bit of a try-hard. She got her break in the Fat Pizza TV series right? But she never acknowledges that (very rarely) or thanks them for giving her a start now that she has made it in Hollywood. She thinks she is better than them now that she's famous. I would like her more if she was more humble and grateful then being so up herself.
    Couldn't agree more with the try hard. I'd been wondering if I just had tall poppy syndrome with her, but I usually like our exports and want them to do well. She just seems so fake even without all the lies about her age and real name. And thinks she's so awesome. I think that's why I don't get her. I mean good on her, who wouldn't want to make it big if you were an actor, but that doesn't mean you have to act like you're better than everyone else!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are times when I can find Rebel Wilson quite funny. However, I have also become quite weary of the self-depricating 'fat-girl' humour but then I also think, would Hollywood be able to accept and value a female who is large if she did not make fun of her own physicality by affecting an arrogance? I think she's probably just making the bias of Hollywood (and the world at large) work for her instead of against her.

Most of the larger female celebrities are 'accepted' in spite of their size, iykwim?

Oprah being a case in point.
    Last edited by Albert01; 24-04-2016 at 11:46.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-04-2016),babyno1onboard  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    She doesn't give a **** what others say. She can see the bigger picture in life and that doesn't involve women spending hours on end just to put themselves on a silver platter for men.
    I like this about her too, but don't like anything else about her. She seems like the token overweight person given she can't actually act and most people don't even find her funny.

Jenny McCarthy is actually funny and very natural. I find Rebel Wilson quite fake and trying too hard to be likeable and funny.