Somac granules for reflux? | Page 4 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Good thanks, the Losec has made a huge difference and now I only have regular baby stuff to deal with 😂. We have our days but his reflux symptoms have reduced considerably and he is happy to lie on his back which is the biggest difference, and much more content overall. Back to doc this week for shots and I will find out what the plan is going forward, I want to know how long we need to be on this and/or how we know when to stop. I don't like giving him drugs but obviously it's way better than no drugs at this point in time.
    That's great news! Just being able to put my DD down flat was life changing. Our dr recommended that we stay on Losec until 6 months then try a few days without - he said I would know if she still needed it. Luckily DD was fine and has been ever since.

Best of luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    That's great news! Just being able to put my DD down flat was life changing. Our dr recommended that we stay on Losec until 6 months then try a few days without - he said I would know if she still needed it. Luckily DD was fine and has been ever since.

Best of luck!
    Absolutely this is the biggest thing for me too. I was going crazy holding him upright all the time and could never get a thing done, sleep included! Also just good to see him happy most of the time and not so miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so glad the medication is helping, as the mum of a refluxer I know that relief!

Something jumped out at me though... Sleeping your baby on their side, please please sleep your baby on their back.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so glad its helping, its awful when they're in pain and you're exhausted trying everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's such good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunnygirl and others, did you try the losec tablets dispersed in water rather than compounded? I'm after any tips to get it into my DS. It must taste bad, he looks so offended when I give it to him but seems to help. Also wondering how many people give it twice a day instead of once a day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    @sunnygirl and others, did you try the losec tablets dispersed in water rather than compounded? I'm after any tips to get it into my DS. It must taste bad, he looks so offended when I give it to him but seems to help. Also wondering how many people give it twice a day instead of once a day?
    I've tasted it and it's indeed awful. I split dose and gave 1/2 morning and 1/2 at night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (03-07-2016)