+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours is 10mg which is 2.5ml. With ours each 0.5ml = 2mg. May vary depending how they make it up? Also there's a lot of room to move with dosage so if 5mg isn't cutting it you could increase to 10, 15mg over next few weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Got the Losec in a suspension. He has him on 5mg (1ml suspension) once daily. Does this sound right?
    Yes. Under 10kgs the dose is 5mg, over 10kgs the dose is 10mg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Bub is on 5mg twice per day. It often works much better as a split dose (also he is only 6.7kg) - this is under advice from a paed. He advised 4mg twice per day under 5kg then when Bub is over, up it to 5mg twice per day. We noticed a big difference after a few doses but full effect was within a week. It depends completely on how the compound is made up - ours is 5mg/ml so we give 1ml.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Yes. Under 10kgs the dose is 5mg, over 10kgs the dose is 10mg
    This isn't true in all cases. My DD was on 10mg a day at 4kg.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (28-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks I questioned the GP about a second dose and he said yeah it won't hurt him. So vague lol. We will start with one and I will call GP if I think he needs a second/split dose. A 1ml dose is 5mg in our case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I did a split dose.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quick update we started the Losec yesterday (about lunchtime) and it seems to be working? Might be too early to say but he slept from 8pm-12 in the bassinet (potentially a record), still took ages to get him down for the evening but that's probably just him. He seemed much happier after feeds, settled instead of horrendously uncomfortable and only had a vomit this morning (didn't bother him much). I also had him sleeping supported on his side after 2am which worked wonders as he has been sleeping upright on me previously. Was so good to just be able to put him down after a feed and have him go straight back to sleep instead of him carrying on like an angry octopus.
    Fingers and toes crossed it continues. Did seem to be wearing off a little this morning but not enough to make me consider splitting the dose at this point. I will see how the next few days unfold...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (29-04-2016),PinkPopsicle  (04-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Quick update we started the Losec yesterday (about lunchtime) and it seems to be working? Might be too early to say but he slept from 8pm-12 in the bassinet (potentially a record), still took ages to get him down for the evening but that's probably just him. He seemed much happier after feeds, settled instead of horrendously uncomfortable and only had a vomit this morning (didn't bother him much). I also had him sleeping supported on his side after 2am which worked wonders as he has been sleeping upright on me previously. Was so good to just be able to put him down after a feed and have him go straight back to sleep instead of him carrying on like an angry octopus.
    Fingers and toes crossed it continues. Did seem to be wearing off a little this morning but not enough to make me consider splitting the dose at this point. I will see how the next few days unfold...
    Yay! Hopefully things are on the improve. Have my fingers and toes crossed for you 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things going??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    How are things going??
    Good thanks, the Losec has made a huge difference and now I only have regular baby stuff to deal with 😂. We have our days but his reflux symptoms have reduced considerably and he is happy to lie on his back which is the biggest difference, and much more content overall. Back to doc this week for shots and I will find out what the plan is going forward, I want to know how long we need to be on this and/or how we know when to stop. I don't like giving him drugs but obviously it's way better than no drugs at this point in time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (04-05-2016)