+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    One thing im sure about is that we are Not separated by work commitments, it's just that things turned out like this for both of us and we were no longer able to compliment or supprt each other ie he knew i wanted to be back in aust, but he chose not to and decided to let us go and moved on with his own life. And i did the same as well. If only he said he wanted to be with us again and it would just be a matter of time till we would be reunited then id only consider getting PPP. But the fact that he is in a new relationship now makes me sure that i will not be welcoming him back anymore... We have not reached to a divorce talk yet... Depends whether he thinks he wants to commit further with his new relationship or not... I know he is the type of guy who needs to have a new girl by his side then he can call it quits with his (soon-to-be) former. Being married to a wrong guy sucks i guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrswhitehouse, how did they find out you were still together with your husband? Did you have a house under both your and your husband names? Did you share any bank acc?

My (now separated) husband and I did not have any of those since we relocated overseas and did not even have any assets overseas that were under our names.

I'm starting my life from zero again here in Australia. (Ex) DH didnt leave any assets here prior to relocating so i didnt have anything associated with him anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off topic though, if i wanted to discuss about my "becoming single" plans to a lawyer, where is the best place to contact? Its just that i have lots to spill about (ex) DH's stuffs lol..... I have googled up separation advice, but only came up with counselling places etc. Some charges money and some only charges for first 60mins visit.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changing from Parenting Payment Partnered to Single. Help!

Update: so i went to the centrelink office but was told to go online (cause there was a long queue anyway) submit a new claim or just change my details as no longer partnered. I only spoke to the customer liaison lady at the front and was unable to see an officer as she said to me to go and do it online. So i might just do as she told me to...... I hope its not too complicated.

I was hoping too the office could change my details straightaway so that my parenting payment could resume under new rates soon rather than submitting new claims online and have to wait for a while.

I can only hope DS is behaving well in the next two - three weeks and not begging for extra treats because my fund is just enough to pay rent!

I have a couple of job interviews as well this week. But unlikely to be offered on the spot and thats another waiting game for me...
    Last edited by bunnymum; 26-04-2016 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok sorry its me again. I dont want to start another thread as its still relatively related with my single parenting payment. So i did make a new claim online for PPS, but not sure whether that would go thru as transfer of claim from partnered to single, or it works itself out as a whole new claim.. If found that some navigation parts in the website were confusing! Fingers crossed it did go thru no matter what.

Now onto FTB part A that i need to tackle! Should i register for child support first or complete and submit the FTB claims applications first and say i'do child support later? I was halfway thru making the claims but i was a bit unsure when i got to the child support part. It was basically asking whrther i had already signed up for child support or not.

Another q's is does it really matter if I registered for a child support but (separated) DH wouldnt be able to pay? To be honest i dont really care. He says he has no definite income (he is overseas.. And unlikely to return to aust as he has no interest anyway). And i dont know how the centrelink can arrange it for me if they can get child supprt off him. And would this child support registration thing be complicated? Legally we are still married. Just separated on our own ways......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnymum For This Useful Post:

Pinkpotato  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can still get child support off most overseas paying parents, depending which Country they are in, but more times than not, it isnt hard for them to track them down and get payments, either directly, from the tax office in their Country or via their boss. It can just take quite a bit longer to start recieving the first payment, like months longer and if anything changes in the future, like income, more children etc and the child support is re done, then it takes a while again to start receiving the new payment amount.

You usually only need to tell 1 department that youre circumstances have changed. For example if you finish off your claim for family tax, they inform child support for you, so you don't need to contact both.
    They put the claim in for you to child support too.
    Don't forget to change your relationship status from married to seperated on the my details section on your centrelink.

If you dont make a claim for child support, then you are only ever entiltled to the base rate of that family tax rate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @monroe78! I got confused when the online applications had these questions:

1) have you had a child support assessment assessed for your child (or they ask have you had a child support arranged... Sorry cant remember exact wording). I said No.

2) is there any reasons why it is difficult to arrange for child support?
    .. This i said No

But thankfully i have not pressed the submit button yet. I can still go in and make changes, however I just want to make sure i am inputting the correct situation.

Hmmm... (Separated) DH is self employed and he always thinks he can hide. Just another question, child support is a financial arrangement for separated couples' child(ren) right, no matter if they are still legally married? I just dont want to take this case to another level where they require us to go to court etc... I am just not ready yet and (separated) DH is broke, i wont get much from him if i divorce.... And perhaps i am still clinging to a tiny hope that we can be living under the same roof again... I dont know about that tho. But since he said he's seeing someone else my gut feeling tells me not to welcome him back. I do feel guilty for DS though that he doesnt get to see his dad at all these days... But surprisingly he loves being with me si much that he doesnt care about anything else, but still i dont want to take a father figure away from this little boy who is still growing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it doesn't matter if you are still legally married, just that you are genuinely seperated, living apart, and not in a romantic relationship etc. Im pretty sure when people seperate they can't legally apply to the court until 12months later for divorce at any rate. As the courts like the couple to be sure etc.

They wont require you to go to court. They may enquire if you know his whereabouts now, like an address but may not ask.

Another way parents do child support is for one parent to pay the other directly, its called a private arrangement, but if you do this, the family assistance office will still require the child support agency to do an assessment on both your incomes, care percentage of the child etc to work out what you should recieve from him, they will then base their family assistance payments on you recieving this amount, never mind if you dont get it, or get less. So they cut your payment down believing the top up is coming in from the other parent.
    So i would only recommend this if you still have trust and know he will pay you on time every time etc

Otherwise it's really less stress to just let them organise it all and you can carry on with life.
    Yes those answers sounds correct. Or you could say yes to question 2 being that he is overseas now.
    Remember they can always call you though if they have questions and vice versa, the earlier you submit your claim the earlier you can be paid and back paid though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun, it doesn't matter if you never obtain a divorce in the eyes of Centrelink, as long as you remain separated while collecting PPS. I've been separated for 3yrs and have no intention of applying for divorce at this point (costs money and is only a piece of paper that makes no difference to my circumstances ).
    Just give Child Support a call to register and get the ball rolling, you don't have to have all the answers immediately. You need to be registered with CSA to collect the PPS, even if you never receive a cent in CS! I would answer yes to the question about difficulty collecting CS as your XDH is overseas and you really have no idea if/how much he is earning. I would def ask CSA to collect on your behalf.
    Remember, all of this is reversible - you can stop your claim at anytime...if you were to reconcile (which doesn't sound like a great idea TBH!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help ladies! Have lodged my ftb claims and hopefully things turn out OK.
    Now i found there is this link about registering for child support after I finished submitting my ftb claims. Should I register online? Im sure its a self register thing.