+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you test tomorrow I would do it knowing it might be negative but it doesn't mean you're out. If you can wait until 12dpo you'll get a much clearer idea of what to expect though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's great to hear other people's experiences! It also seems that my theory of halving results and working my way back is not reliable which is great news to me! I don't think I would count myself out based on tomorrow's test but just hoping that I get to see some nice double lines getting darker and darker because I've never had that! It's only ever gotten darker once and then lighter. The other times it just got lighter so could have been my triggers.

This time I have no boosters to worry about so it's a nail biting time! I will keep you everyone updated though! My uterus feels fine aside from some mild cramps here and there so don't feel like there is anything in there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was terrified to test after 3 stim cycles, so waited until day 11 post transfer - i just didn't want the sadness of seeing that single line again. I couldn't even look at it. I dud the test then made my partner look at it for the results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For some reason to me seeing a light line not getting darker is easier than waiting and then hoping for a dark line and seeing nothing.

It's almost like the whole drop a crab in boiling water and it will fight to get out but if you put it in cold water and slowly bring it to the boil it will just sit there until it's so hot it gets knocked out.

Slowly getting used to the idea that it hasn't worked is better than a sudden disappointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TortoiseNotTheHare I am exactly the same - I always poas from a couple of days after transfer - I find the gradually dawning realisation easier to come to terms with than the sudden disappointment if that makes sense. But I know everyone's different in that regard - whatever keeps you sane, I reckon!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that hcg doubles quicker at the beginning, which is why pee sticks aren't positive until around 10/11 dpo for most people. I tested on 8dp5dt with my DS and had a strong line. I tested the same time with my chem and got a negative, then at 14dpo hcg was 10. It then tripled every 48 hrs before stopping.

I have seen lots of faint positives 5dpt, that get a lot darker in the next few days so that would be a good time to start. I always toy with when to POAS too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post: