+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anal Fissure - TMI

I had one 9 months after my first born which thankfully went away after using rectogesic for a couple of weeks. I now have another one which every time I think is better and stop using the cream (rectogesic) or slow down on using it, i'll have a somewhat hardish bowel movement and I can feel a tear or something again.

Does anyone else have an experience with these?

It's really getting me down, i'm sick of it being an issue and sick of worrying what to eat, sick of using the cream ( I worry a lot and wonder if the cream is going to do more harm later on or something ), also sick of stressing that i'm going to be able to go to the toilet when I actually need to go, with two little ones to look after during the day on my own it's not easy to go when I really need to.

It's not painful just a feeling of tearing when I go to the toilet except this goes away when using the cream which I had done for about two weeks and doctor told me to stop using the cream and just keep my stools soft but then I felt like it was coming back so I started using the cream again sparingly for a few more days and all started feeling good again but then had a hardish bowel movement and could feel it and had a tiny amount of blood on toilet paper. Do I need to just keep using the cream for longer to make sure it's definately healed?

If any one has any advice or a similar story please share. I know it's not the greatest of things to talk about. I just want it to go away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why not dedicate 2-3weeks to help your fissure heal properly? Promote good bowels with Metamucil, healthy foods. Use creams, suppositories to make voiding more comfortable and let your tear heal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Why not dedicate 2-3weeks to help your fissure heal properly? Promote good bowels with Metamucil, healthy foods. Use creams, suppositories to make voiding more comfortable and let your tear heal.
    Thanks for your response. Thats what I have done. I was drinking Movicol once a day, which is great for keeping things soft.
    Its just disheartening after a few weeks thinking it's better and healed to then have it happen again, although not as bad as it was to begin with and then feeling like I have to start the whole process again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one a couple years ago and actually had no pain but was just passing quite a lot of blood (was turning water red). Like you I was given a steroid cream and suppositories and it did heal ok within about a week. I did also take lactulose as the dr thought it would be beneficial to use stool softeners. It did tear again a few months ago but healed up on its own.
    I would say the best thing is to keep using stool softeners for a while such as lactulose. Try not to stress, it's not nice I know but just make sure you keep the area clean and use the cream until it heals. I imagine the dose of steroid is very small and you are using it on a small area so personally I wouldn't worry about the steroid use at all. Good luck I hope it heals fully for you soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Last edited by Mmumm; 27-04-2016 at 09:18.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thanks! I think thats the biggest thing, is me worrying about it constantly and always having it on my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DD was a newborn I had one. I had to use suppositories for a while until it healed, which it did.

Does the cream numb the area? I never used numbing cream, I figured it was important to be able to feel if it had healed. I only stopped using the suppositories (combined with a high fibre diet) if I was sure it had healed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I was thinking the same thing but I am pretty sure this cream doesn't numb the area I think it just relaxes the muscles and keeps the blood flowing. For the first few days or so I could still feel some discomfort and then it went away so I thought it had healed.

What suppositories did you use? Do you need a prescription for them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just walked into a pharmacy and asked the ever-so-awkward question and they sold it over the counter. I quite like pharmacists, they know more than a lot of people realise

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had this and started to get really worried. I had a colonoscopy and all good. I know exactly what you mean, you described it perfectly. All I can say is one day it just didn't happen again. No creams or anything it just healed.
    Last edited by lilypily; 23-04-2016 at 20:48.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (23-04-2016)