+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting rid of ink/pen marks on wall and wooden door

So I've tried using a few tricks such as bicarbonate soda paste (bicarb mixed with water and make it into a paste) and soap & water, but they didn't really work on ink/pen marks. They worked for washable crayons/markers like Crayola. I've bought magic cleaner sponge thingy too, but again, they got rid of crayons easily, but not ink/pen marks. I've tried 40WD as well (that nasty smell spray) and they got rid of crayon marks easily, but wouldn't work at all on ink/pen marks!

One of the tricks I've read when googling is to use a pen eraser, but is it just me that I find it hard to find a pen eraser these days? Considering I've left school a long time ago, I am having troubles finding a place that sells stationary . The only place we can think of is Officeworks, but we live far from an Officeworks outlet.

Also, does anyone have any tips how to get rid of stubborn stain marks and make your wall clean and appears white again? I've accidentally stained the wall after cleaning crayon marks using 40WD spray, I got rid of the crayon marks but I was rushing it when I scrubbed the crayons away (probably the spray hadn't soaked the marks really well), and the whole area got stained and it wouldn't come off no matter how many times i've tried to spray 40WD and washed it with soap and water.
    I'm also thinking of using Selley's sugar soap for wall, but I don't want to stain the area more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if it is like permeant marker pen you can use hand sanitiser to remove and one would think it would work for pen as well and it is ink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought a cleaner recently called instalift. It removes stubborn graffiti and permanent marker stains from various household surfaces and should hopefully be able to remove those ink/pen marks. You do want to be careful using cleaners that have strong chemicals in them because you risk it damaging your walls further. This is a water based biodegradable remover.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have gotten nikko pen off the walls and doors (I once had a very mischievous artist in the house) with good ol Jiff. I tried toothpaste and those magic sponge things to no avail, but Jiff did the trick.

Another thing you can try is Gumption too.

As for getting the walls back to clean and non-stained again, definitely give Sugar soap a go, it works a treat and shouldn't create any damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Preen (the clothes stain remover) on a tissue might work, or failing that isopropyl alcohol.